Nikki Beach Phuket shuttered

jaffacakes1

Very strange indeed as they were on their way to doing a hotel also.

It was aimed at the wealthy Russian tourists and well, when the ruble hit the skids there went that market. Saw a Trip Advisor post from January (high season) where the people flat out said they walked in and were the only ones there.

Did any member ever go ?

I used to go occasionally as it's the closest western restaurant to my condo. It was pretty decent but yeah at times you did feel as if you were in Moscow rather than Thailand.

The web site just says it's closed. Maybe its just for the low season.

Sold to 8 Over 8 Company and to " reopen after refurbishments" says the notice on the door. Not a word about Nikki Noise Club. Neighbors can look forward to early morning Karaoke and will rue the day they complained about Nikki Noise that was just in the daytime.

More here: http://reallifephuket.com/en/featured/nikki-beach-prekratil-svoe-sushhestvovanie-na-phukete/

Nikki Beach Club has long been considered one of the biggest and most luxurious clubs in Phuket. This legacy has come to an end sadly, with the news that the club has suddenly closed.

The closure was apparently due to a dispute with the landlord but rumors have abounded that there is more to the story.

Screenshot_3.png

Poor marketing strategies have dogged the club in recent months, causing many expats to turn away from the venue. Nikki Club is a part of a chain of clubs all over the world and yet Nikki Club cards were not accepted at the Phuket venue for reasons unexplained. When the news was suddenly announced, regular patrons were extremely shocked.

Edited by FBlue72

Fantastic news,

that was a great beach till they started paying loud techno music

I always found it to be the trashiest part of Bang Tao, at least in non- monsoon season as it's where all the Thais go their for picnics and leave the trash where it lay. One thing Nikki Noise did do that was of some good was clean that part of it. They had to do something with the staff.

I always wondered what idiot thought an overpriced " in crowd" sort of place would work in a developing nation. Did they think Phuket could ever be another South Beach, Miami or St. Tropez? And yes what about the hotel looming over a middle class Thai neighborhood? The guests can't walk anywhere but the local shop for a Chang. God forbid they venture out on route 4018 where every other vehicle is a speeding water truck or cement mixer.

• 3 weeks later...