Foreigners still confident in Thai security and tourism, NCPO says

webfact

Foreigners still confident in Thai security and tourism, NCPO says

nc.jpg

BANGKOK, 7 September 2015 (NNT) - Col Winthai Suwaree, spokesperson of the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) gave a daily statement on TV Pool pertaining to the Bangkok explosion that foreigners are still confident in security measures and a great number of them were visiting famous tourist attractions in Thailand.

Sek Wannamethee, Spokesperson of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, said on TV Pool that the ministry has carried out multidimensional responses to the incidents. It has set up an operational center to coordinate and keep Thai embassies and consulates-general worldwide updated about the situation development.

It has opened a 24-hour hotline to answer all public inquiries, along with tightened security measures. All foreign diplomatic missions in Thailand have shown confidence in the measures Thai authorities have taken to handle the situation.

He said the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has also coordinated for the dispatch of royal messages of condolence to leaders of countries that bomb victims belong to. According to Sek, Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha has deliberately intended to give best assistance to affected people.

The prime minister has assigned the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to accelerate Visa procedures and specially grant Visa fee exemption to families of deaths and injuries who wished to come to Thailand. The Foreign Ministry Spokesman wa confident Thailand’s tourism situation would soon return to normal definitely.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-09-07 footer_n.gif

How do they know more talk with no facts the average tourist does not need to travel to a destination that is unsafe .Thailand needs to wake up fast as there are many great alternatives.

I think they're asleep at the wheel.

How can the govt say that when they probably never asked any foreigners for their options.

Give them a Thai Visa user name so they kind find out what foreigners in Thailand really think of them!

They are measuring sentiment of tourists, not jaded ex-pats who have nothing better to do with their lives than type snarky posts on TVF.

How do they know more talk with no facts the average tourist does not need to travel to a destination that is unsafe .Thailand needs to wake up fast as there are many great alternatives.

Well thanks to the immigrants, the bombing wasn't that big news in Europe, so Thailand was lucky on that.

How can the govt say that when they probably never asked any foreigners for their options.

Give them a Thai Visa user name so they kind find out what foreigners in Thailand really think of them!

They are measuring sentiment of tourists, not jaded ex-pats who have nothing better to do with their lives than type snarky posts on TVF.

Do you mean jaded bar stool warmers like yourself or long time expats with wifes, children, property etc? Edited by MZurf

Not jaded at all. Switched on people who really know what's going on, is a far more accurate description.

The bomb attack here made me feel very sorrowful, but it did not make me feel unsafe in my daily tourist life. Also it is clear to me that the Royal Thai Police have really worked very hard to catch some of the bomb-makers, in short time. This has boosted my confidence a great deal.

Bad things happen allover the world, and terrorists have bombed many other popular tourist nations. I think a balanced perspective is essential for all travellers, rare events should be weighed against how much they enjoy visiting tourist destinations in Thailand or anywhere else. Most people will probably think that a holiday in Thailand is well worth the very low risk of being caught up the extremely rare acts of terrorism, and they should instead focus on their own personal travel preparations to ensure they are healthy on the trip, and able to enjoy their holiday experience to the full.

These peacocks can say what they want,however the facts remain that foreign confidence in Thailand is eroding significantly due to the inability of this government to keep its manifesto pledges. Little has changed and several things are arguably worse

who are those foreigners that the ncpo asked their opinion ?

Djjamie, halloween and EnglishJohn.

I think that's all.

Hahahahaa However, if the foreigners' opinion are against the Junta wish, then they can be repatriated for threatening "National Security"

True, and not a day goes by that I don't think about that when posting.

These peacocks can say what they want,however the facts remain that foreign confidence in Thailand is eroding significantly due to the inability of this government to keep its manifesto pledges. Little has changed and several things are arguably worse

While military government surely doesn't help for foreign confidence, it helps that there are no mass demonstrations with shootings on Bangkoks streets. That is definitely better.

Also corruption is reduced.

But I agree too little has changed, but I don't see anything that is worse.

While military government surely doesn't help for foreign confidence, it helps that there are no mass demonstrations with shootings on Bangkoks streets. That is definitely better.

Also corruption is reduced.

But I agree too little has changed, but I don't see anything that is worse.

"Also, corruption is reduced"

cheesy.gif

I think they are referring to the foreigners that are ill-infrormed and who can't read or write.

I think they are referring to the foreigners that are ill-informed and who can't read or write.

I think they are referring to the foreigners that are ill-infrormed and who can't read or write.

I seriously doubt there are any 'ill-infrormed' foreigners here who can't read or write. Foreigners are typically better educated.

In reference to Thailand 'waking up fast' because there are great alternative tourist destinations, I think they are asleep at the wheel.

I do wonder whether those bright sparks who run the True programming department will ever recognise the logic in suspending - for the 30 minutes, or so, that it takes to instil rank disinterest in a largely unenthusiastic and non-captive audience - the film being shown on the English-speaking channel that these pronouncements regularly interrupt.

I must confess, though, that despite occasional close attention, I have yet to spot any dangling strings.