Unlocator is blocking access to www.bbc.co.uk

millwall_fan

I have recently changed internet provider to 3BB and since then every time I try to access the BBC website (www.bbc.co.uk) I am redirected to a webpage called error.unlocator.com. I gather this is a paid for VPN, but I don't need a VPN to access the BBC's online content - only if I want to use BBC iPlayer - for which I use a free VPN. Does anyone happen to know how to prevent unlocator from hijacking the BBC page?

Many thanks

On my phone I use orbot browser, it changes your ip address like tor so you can browse without Thai Isp filtering what you can or cannot see

On a laptop tor works well for browsing but you might need a vpn to stream video as tor was never designed for streaming bbc videos.... A vpn to access it and then switch can to home network once it's started playing may be best for you

Also, delete unlocator from your computer or whatever you are watching on

It can't work if it was never installed in the first place, did you accept their free trial and now they want you to pay for it ? :)

What are your router's DNS IP addresses? Is your connected device reporting using the same DNS?

As KhunBENQ writes, something may be installed on your system that is redirecting your requests. May be time to run an anti-malware checkup (malwarebytes, spybot, etc).

If it's found to be directly related to your ISPs provided DNS Servers then you can always change your router's DNS entries manually to use Google's Public DNS (8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4).

Archived