Non Imm B visa: contract required?

I had posted this question earlier at an existing thread, but got no replies, so I am trying this with a new thread.

I plan to apply for a non Imm B visa at Savannakhet, Laos and would like to know the following:

If one has all the required documents (including the company documents, employment form, company request/invitation letters), and I take my original

work permit with me as well (which expires mid-October next), do I absolutely still need to show/submit an employment contract, or not??

For background: I've been working with this company for almost 3 years, and will continue, with next work permit extension due next month.

Up until now I had a non imm O visa (based on marriage to Thai, not an extension of stay !), now I will apply for a non imm B visa.

The company does not normally issue employment contracts, so there is no actual contract.

My manager could however draft a letter confirming the employment (although this is also already apparent from the company invitation letter)

or we could just draft a contract still. However, before doing this, I would like to know if I will NEED to submit an employment

contract with my visa application or not.

Any advice welcome, thanks in advance!

You already have a current WP, so I really can't imagine any circumstances where an employment contract would be required.

Here's a link to the MFA list of required paperwork, no mention of job contracts for regular employment.

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/4908/15388-Non-Immigrant-Visa-%22B%22-(for-Business-and.html

btw, a pro forma contract should have been submitted to Labour by your employer when your WP was first applied for.

Thanks for the reply.

I had already seen the information on that link, it does indeed not mention that a contract is required.

However, another website did mention this requirement.

Anyway, just in case, we will draft a contract, should it be requested then I will have it.

Re the pro forma contract: this was indeed submitted at the time of first WP application.

Thanks again for the reply!

An employment contract is mentioned on the Savannakhet website. http://www.thaisavannakhet.com/savannakhet/th/consulate-service/inspect/

Hello ubonjoe, I know this is off the OP topic but I need your expertise on this one. Over the pass months I read some conflicting stories about re-entry permit and extensions. Right now I have a Non-Immigrant O-A multiple entry Visa. The date of issue was 27 Oct 2014 and it says enter before 26 Oct 2015. I went out of the country in April 2015 and came back on the 21 August 2015 and that's the date they stamped in my passport. I am leaving again on the 23 September 2015 and coming back on the 5 Nov 2015. My question is, if I apply for a re-entry permit (single entry) will it be good for my permission of stay or do I have to come back in the country before the 26 Oct 2015 (the date that my Visa ends) to make my permission of stay valid. I heard that if I come back after the 26 Oct 2015, I will only get a 30 day stamp. Is this correct? I checked at the Immigration office in Jomtien and the 2 young ladies at the information desk gave me 2 different answers, one said, yes and the other one, no. Could you please clarified this subject. Thanks a million for you help.

If you get a re-entry permit it will valid for entry up to you permit to stay date in August of next year. You can use after the date your visa expires and you will be stamped into the country to that date in August of next year.

If you get a re-entry permit it will valid for entry up to you permit to stay date in August of next year. You can use after the date your visa expires and you will be stamped into the country to that date in August of next year.

Thank you very much ubonjoe for your help and quick answer.