Good Coffee Shops That Open Early?

flare

I'm guessing there aren't too many posters here that wake up before the chickens like I do every morning;), but I was wondering if there are some decent coffee shops that open ~6am/7am or so- I like taking an early morning ride a few days per week (to beat the heat and traffic), and most places I pass don't open until 9am or later (and 7/11 doesn't do it for me).

Any recommendations? I realize that there likely aren't many, but maybe there's a little gem out there I've missed. Location isn't really an issue as long as it's in the province.

I never drank coffee during my life until I moved to CM last year, and now it's become one of my pleasures.:)

The coffee shop adjacent to the Shell station on Huay Kaew Rd is open at 07:00.

Ristr8tto on Nimmanheiman Rd - which many claim is the absolute best coffee in Chiang Mai - opens at 07:00ish.

Doi Chang's coffee shop across from the CM Orchid Hotel (it's on the small soi at the West end of the hotel) is open at 07:30.

And you probably already know that Tom n Tom's in Think Park - across from Maya Mall - is open 24 hours.

Excellent- thanks for the suggestions.

I rode around Nimman last week at ~7am looking for an open shop but didn't find one (which didn't bother me too much as it's such a pleasure to be able to explore Nimman with no traffic;))- Ristr8to wasn't open yet, but probably would have been had I passed by a bit later. Not too surprisingly, most of the shops open later in the morning there.

I rode around Nimman last week at ~7am looking for an open shop but didn't find one (which didn't bother me too much as it's such a pleasure to be able to explore Nimman with no traffic;))- Ristr8to wasn't open yet, but probably would have been had I passed by a bit later. Not too surprisingly, most of the shops open later in the morning there.

Ristr8tto opens at 07:08 am and closes at 6:08 pm according to Google.....no doubt a play on the "8" in the name. You might have just missed opening time or - more probably - they didn't open on time.

McDonald's and Burger King at Thapae Gate are open 24 hours. McDonald's has recently remodeled and now has a "McCafe" with designer coffee that is 70 or 80 baht and so not worth it, according to Hubby. If you order a small meal at McDonald's they'll give you a nice plain cup of Americano which is often all at Hubby wants early in the morning, but no you can't just buy that any more. Instead if you walk into McDonald's and order just coffee at the restaurant counter, they push you over to McCafe.

Anyway, both are open 24 hours and good places for a pit stop on his early morning walks around the old city.

Sorry don't know the name of the Mall but it is by the buss station. It is on the super highway far away from Farong land. Open all night also a Subway open all night. It is just a little way down the super highway from the central festival Mall. I believe there is a McDonalds there also. Not sure on that.

The coffee shop adjacent to the Shell station on Huay Kaew Rd is open at 07:00.

Ristr8tto on Nimmanheiman Rd - which many claim is the absolute best coffee in Chiang Mai - opens at 07:00ish.

Doi Chang's coffee shop across from the CM Orchid Hotel (it's on the small soi at the West end of the hotel) is open at 07:30.

And you probably already know that Tom n Tom's in Think Park - across from Maya Mall - is open 24 hours.

Ristr8ito has some interesting and good coffee but the music is a bit heavy for early morning, actually for all day for those who like quiet.

But thanks for the helpful list Appletons.

Sorry to invoke an infernal name of Satan but Starbucks Coffee is open by 7AM. Had no idea Ristr8to opens that early.

We now also have a coffee shop in the same store as Subway open 24 hours.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived