Non sweet mayo

MZurf

There is the Thai made one thats in all the supermarkets. I cant remember the name but they are plastic bags 1kg size 150 bht. I just bought the sugar free one from villa and its quite good, sorry I don't remember the name as I through the bag away

Kewpie! just remebered the name

Edited by mcfish

Try the Japanese Kupi Mayo, they also have low calorie option

Usually spelled Kewpie.

I find it a bit sweet. Much prefer the Heinz at around 100 baht/jar.

There are several varieties of Kewpie. The one with the dark blue label is completely sugar free and higher in egg content than Hellman's.

Thats the one. Im strict atkins diet for nearly 3 years and can eat this by the bucket full.

Mayonnaise jar sold in Thailand is simply disgusting for a southern Europe gourmet. I gave up long ago.

This sauce with controversial originally from Spain (Mahon, Balearic Islands) was a salted emulsion of egg and oil.

The French in the 16th century seduces have adopted it. They added the Dijon mustard and pepper to stabilize and increase its flavor.

Unfortunately the great food societies mainly US have added energetics and cheap sugar as for almost all their production. So they denatured this product and driving Asian producers in their wake.

Try do it yourself, you will see that this is not very complicated and rather fun. Especially do not use US Mustard which is also sugared. Dijon mustard in Makro and Big C

Ingredients for a bowl:

Salt, pepper, an egg yolk, a tablespoon of mustard, a dash of vinegar and 20 cl neutral oil (ideally Rapeseed)

... And follow the tutorial step by cutting the sound if you're anglophone.

Enjoy your meal !

Mayonnaise jar sold in Thailand is simply disgusting for a southern Europe gourmet. I gave up long ago.
This sauce with controversial originally from Spain (Mahon, Balearic Islands) was a salted emulsion of egg and oil.
The French in the 16th century seduces have adopted it. They added the Dijon mustard and pepper to stabilize and increase its flavor.
Unfortunately the great food societies mainly US have added energetics and cheap sugar as for almost all their production. So they denatured this product and driving Asian producers in their wake.
Try do it yourself, you will see that this is not very complicated and rather fun. Especially do not use US Mustard which is also sugared. Dijon mustard in Makro and Big C
Ingredients for a bowl:
Salt, pepper, an egg yolk, a tablespoon of mustard, a dash of vinegar and 20 cl neutral oil (ideally Rapeseed)
... And follow the tutorial step by cutting the sound if you're anglophone.
Enjoy your meal !

This is just food snobbism. American Mayonnaise and French mayonnaise share a name but not much else. So comparing the 2 kind of misses the point. French mayo is more of a sauce. American Maya developed in its own way. Good American mayo has very little or no sugar in it. Certainly not detectable in taste. Just ouf of curiosity what are "energetics?"

There is the Thai made one thats in all the supermarkets. I cant remember the name but they are plastic bags 1kg size 150 bht. I just bought the sugar free one from villa and its quite good, sorry I don't remember the name as I through the bag away

Kewpie! just remebered the name

Sugar free maybe but still sweet.

Makro own brand, Aro. Comes in a 1kg plastic bag for around 65bht. Not sweet, and it's delicious.

Makro sells the full variety of mayonnaise -- in Thailand "Helmann's" is traded as "Best Foods" (same as east and west coast US); Kewpie has several varieties. the blue and pink labels, the low sugar is the blue label; and also very good is the Aero brand, which to my taste is not sweet. Kraft is available at Foodland, but in my opinion it is not worth the added cost above the others. I suggest that you try both the Best Foods and the Aero; I expect that you will like both, but you may prefer one over the other.

• 2 weeks later...

For making potato salad or any salad with a mayo I substitute half the quantity of mayo with natural yoghurt. Makes the salad much lighter and gives it a nice tang that reduces the sweetness.

However, almost all plain yogurt in Thailand is sweetened; the imported stuff is better, but rather pricey.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 4 weeks later...

the wife yesterday bought a 470grm.jar of mustard mayo.its a thai brand "MOLLY" just dipped my finger in it and definately better than heinz. 89bht.from BIG C.

i will be buying it again,great with a sausage in a bun.