Bed Supperclub Mark II - in Sukhumvit Soi 13 ?

MrJohnson

I have observed the gradual re-construction of The Bed Supperclub recently down near the end of Soi 13 as it turns west towards Soi 11. I can't imagine the traffic chaos it will create if is anywhere near as popular as its previous incarnation in Soi 11. Likewise, I would be mightily unhappy if I was living in one of the nearby condominiums as it will most likely be quite noisy. It also got me wondering about this new law which apparently restricts alcohol sales within a 300m distance from a school. The Wattana School (boarding in secondary) is a mere 50m away. Anyone able to shed any light on this?

Yep

Some guy decided that he could buy the building move it run it somwhat diffirently and get the same sucess....

All within a short distance from the Original...

I beleve the original closed shop due to the hevy competion and the crazy trafic around that Aria...

Soi 11 is still jam packed with nasty VW drink in the gutter vans?

Nowhere to walk

FILTHY footpaths?

"The new venue will still be divided between a restaurant and a nightclub" So the same as the Origanal

"aside from the outside shape of the building, pretty much everything's going to change: “Nothing will be white. The building will be metallic silver," Yep that will fool them into thinking its not Bed Supperclub MKII

Goodluck buddy....

The new venue will still be divided between a restaurant and a nightclub, - See more at: http://bk.asia-city.com/nightlife/news/bed-supperclub-return-chi-ultralounge#sthash.GACkUbRm.dpuf
The new venue will still be divided between a restaurant and a nightclub, - See more at: http://bk.asia-city.com/nightlife/news/bed-supperclub-return-chi-ultralounge#sthash.GACkUbRm.dpuf

Yep

Some guy decided that he could buy the building move it run it somwhat diffirently and get the same sucess....

All within a short distance from the Original...

I beleve the original closed shop due to the hevy competion and the crazy trafic around that Aria...

Soi 11 is still jam packed with nasty VW drink in the gutter vans?

Nowhere to walk

FILTHY footpaths?

"The new venue will still be divided between a restaurant and a nightclub" So the same as the Origanal

"aside from the outside shape of the building, pretty much everything's going to change: Nothing will be white. The building will be metallic silver," Yep that will fool them into thinking its not Bed Supperclub MKII

Goodluck buddy....

I remember when it closed as some ppl I knew went there. If I recall, I believe their lease ran out and they did say they would re-locate. Though, this is pretty close by.

I'm a little surprised that clubs are still being built, as the last big mega club closed down where I live, since the younger generation now uses online dating and whatnot instead. This us just an observation.

These clubs mostly cater to westerners now, Thais have not been clubbing as much compare to 10 years ago, the younger generation prefer to head to bars and pubs.

Not true. Levels is mostly Thais. Funky Villa, Muse, Demo are almost exclusively Thai, as are the clubs in RCA.

My younger expat friends do also go to those places but can more often be found in trendy little bars like <deleted>, Wish Beer etc

It also got me wondering about this new law which apparently restricts alcohol sales within a 300m distance from a school. The Wattana School (boarding in secondary) is a mere 50m away. Anyone able to shed any light on this?

I believe this restriction only applies to schools in tertiary education.

These clubs mostly cater to westerners now, Thais have not been clubbing as much compare to 10 years ago, the younger generation prefer to head to bars and pubs.

Not true. Levels is mostly Thais. Funky Villa, Muse, Demo are almost exclusively Thai, as are the clubs in RCA.

My younger expat friends do also go to those places but can more often be found in trendy little bars like <deleted>, Wish Beer etc

I beg to differ, Levels is mostly foreigners and the Thais you find there a lot are working ladies. Funky Villa, Muse, and Demo are almost 10 years old, yes this is where Thais go, just pointing out that younger generation don't party like the folks do 10 years ago - not saying they don't party. There are no new clubs that targets the Thais because there is very little demand nowadays.

Younger generation (ones in college now) are used to pubs and bars with nice themes or interior, like the ones that line Thonglor and Ekamai.

Many thanks. Still glad I don't live nearby. Noise and traffic nightmare for residents I'd say.

Noise won't be a problem.

They've spent a small fortune on state-of-the-art soundproofing.

Bed Supperclub closed because no one wanted to pay 700-900 baht for tired old BSC when they could just go to glitzty,"upmarket" Levels across the street for free.

Its coming back as "Chi Ultralounge". As this article states, the only thing "Bed" related will be the round structure. Different owner, vibe, etc. In the article they said June opening, but that obviously didn't happen...

http://bk.asia-city.com/nightlife/news/bed-supperclub-return-chi-ultralounge

the "guy" involved, has been involved in a number of bangkok's most successful club ventures over the last 10 years.

Chi will do fine.

not sure.

construction has been starting and stopping ...

maybe they have problems ?

and its a bad location in that quiet soi.

Archived