Thai murder suspect arrested after posting selfie photos on Facebook

webfact

Murder suspect arrested after posting selfie photos on Facebook
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- A murder suspect who has been on the run for 13 years was arrested Friday shortly after he posted his selfie shots on his Facebook wall.

Police arrested Thana Kanchanasak, 37, on a bus from Chaiyaphum heading to Bangkok after he posted his selfie shots and updated his status on his Facebook wall.

Thana was accused of stabbing his long-time foe, Nopparit Maneechote, 35, to death at 11 pm on Augusts 24 2002.

Earlier, police could not trace Thana but he recently posted his photos visiting his mother in Chayaphum, allowing police to plan his arrest.

Pol Maj Thanaprom Thana-arphakorn, an inspector of Metropolitan Police Division 8, said Thana had recently created a Facebook account.

He has recently uploaded his self-portraits on the Facebook wall when he visited his mother for the first time. When he visited his mother again and updated his latest developments on the Facebook wall, police could track him and arrest him on the bus.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Murder-suspect-arrested-after-posting-selfie-photo-30268585.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-09-11

Caption reads as follows Look at me" I'm STUPID" of course it only took 13 years statue of limitations expire?

a post saying "look at me, I'm stupid" .. then mentioning "statue" of limitations in the same sentence? .... seriously ?

Caption reads as follows Look at me" I'm STUPID" of course it only took 13 years statue of limitations expire?

a post saying "look at me, I'm stupid" .. then mentioning "statue" of limitations in the same sentence? .... seriously ?

Ending a sentence with "seriously? " doesn't sound entirely intelligent either.

Don't think a murder charge ever "expires" but maybe in Thai, anythings possible....

I am not certain about Thailand but in general if a warrant was issued for a crime there is no statue of limitations as it is on on going concern and charges were filed and not answered for.

Statue of limitations apply to crimes where no warrant has been ever issued and there was never a suspect. Also as somebody else mentioned more serious crimes do not have statue of limitations such as murder, rape and child molestation.

• 2 months later...

Statutes of limitations are laws passed by a legislative body in common law systems to set the maximum time after an event when legal proceedings may be initiated.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statute_of_limitations

-------------------------------------------------------

Statue

how-well-do-you-know-the-statue-of-liber

I used to work with a guy (before the internet age) who thought a fiscal year was a "Physical" year........Drove me nuts!

Edited by jaywalker