Yaris, Jazz or ?

roguegrafix

Out of these two I would certainly rate the Jazz the better overall car - it's 120HP 1.5L is just in a different league to the 1.2L eco car lump in the Yaris. It's also arguably the best interior from a functionality standpoint.. However, you're going to be paying ~100K Baht more, grade for grade, to buy the Jazz.

Others you might want to consider are the Mazda2 and the Ford Fiesta - both are better "driver's cars", IMHO, but don't have the interior utility of the Jazz.

I don't understand why the Fiesta and Eco sports are always thrown around. They are definitely better mechanically and all but you sit and drive in there and feel as if you were driving a 3k baht electric car for kids. A cheap toy-like feeling. The cheaper toyota models are not far behind on the cheap toy-like feeling. honda jazz/city feel closer to the real thing

What is your budget and where do you plan on driving? Eco car (like the yaris 1.2) for mostly city driving; jazz will be better in mixed driving. I have a swift and is fine around bangkok and monthly runs to Ratchaburi. No problem at 100 km/h. The jazz obviously is the better performer, but will use more fuel and obviously costs more. If I had 800k to play with it would be a jazz / maxda 2 diesel or even stretch it to a lower spec mazda 3 2.0.

I love my Toyota Avanza. It is a cheap box with a lot of room (seats seven people), and it moves. Not the quickest kid in town and no fancy construction, but as a shopping bag on wheels it is unbeatable. And the last trip from Phuket to Nong Khai via Korat and back via Phitsanulok was fine and my back (I am 186 cm) felt good. Have a look at it...

What is your budget and where do you plan on driving? Eco car (like the yaris 1.2) for mostly city driving; jazz will be better in mixed driving. I have a swift and is fine around bangkok and monthly runs to Ratchaburi. No problem at 100 km/h. The jazz obviously is the better performer, but will use more fuel and obviously costs more. If I had 800k to play with it would be a jazz / maxda 2 diesel or even stretch it to a lower spec mazda 3 2.0.

When I checked a few months ago, the Mazda 2 diesel, auto, was 675,000. That would be my choice. I have the Mazda 2 benzine. Hot rod on E20. "U"y in the middle of downtown, 2 lane streets. Lovely.

The Jazz has better performance than the Yaris but if you're worried about depreciation, take a look a Toyota Sure the official second-hand Toyota site. Buying second-hand gives you a decent 1-year warranty from Toyota. The prices of second-hand cars seems to be dropping at the moment so there are some real bargains to be had.