Bangkok,looking for a Hotel in Pratumwan Area

thomas2969

There is a relatively new hotel across from Pantip Plaza called "The Glow" or something similar..never been inside.

The older, 70's era ASIA HOTEL has direct access from the Ratchathewe BTS, I have no idea if rooms have been updated but it does have an interesting, old world cabaret..

Whatever you do, avoid THE FIRST HOTEL...yuk!

There is a relatively new hotel across from Pantip Plaza called "The Glow" or something similar..never been inside.

The older, 70's era ASIA HOTEL has direct access from the Ratchathewe BTS, I have no idea if rooms have been updated but it does have an interesting, old world cabaret..

I usually stay at the Evergreen Place which is about 100 mretres from the Asia hotel heading towards MBK. I have found it a very good hotel.The last time we stayed there was June this year.

Perhaps the OP doesn't consider 3000 baht as a Budget Hotel price.

If you take a look at TripAdvisor you will find the the Asia Hotel has exactly the same rating as Krit Thai Mansion. Both are right next to the BTS, but Asia Hotel is 2000 baht. Krit Thai is 1230 baht.

Let the OP decide for himself eh?