Europian Size Clothes?

JoneL

A lot of the cheap discount clothes shops in touristy areas sell off seconds/rejects/knock-offs from Thai garment factories which manufacture for the European and American markets. Many have US sizes which makes L-size shirts too big even for me (XL normal size). Try the "XL for Men" shops in the Silom Complex, MBK etc. (Mind you I did once also buy a XXXXL jacket which was too small for me!)

Hmm... Well I think the Xl size might be too large...

Looking for clothes for guy who is 180cm + quite slim (thin)...

But if I did understand correctly, it is no problem to find clothes for 180cm guy?

How about shoes?

Do they run small sizes or is there bigger ones also?

The only items of clothing I find that dont fit that great are the off the self dress shirts.They are largely cut to Thai men who have shoulder structures like 12 year old girls. And sometimes getting larger shoes(size 11+) can be tricky

Usually shirts are too large for me, even S sizes are too big (but sleeves are too short). I mean here, in Europe. So maybe I will be more lucky in Thailand :o My shoe size is about 43.

For casual dress there are 3 Export outlets at the Klongtan intersection beginning Ramkhamhang Road. They have shirts, pants, underwear, jackets, socks, the works. Cheap too.

I found that finding a good tailor for formal shirts and pants is the best way. Repeat business gets discounts. Suggest Chinese not the Indians. Get 5-10 made at a time. Shoes can also be custom made at many of the bootery shops. Nice pair for 2500-5000/pair.

Dept Stores also have some stuff, but I find that the shtuff shrinks and sleeves always short.

:o

For casual dress there are 3 Export outlets at the Klongtan intersection beginning Ramkhamhang Road. They have shirts, pants, underwear, jackets, socks, the works. Cheap too.

I found that finding a good tailor for formal shirts and pants is the best way. Repeat business gets discounts. Suggest Chinese not the Indians. Get 5-10 made at a time. Shoes can also be custom made at many of the bootery shops. Nice pair for 2500-5000/pair.

Dept Stores also have some stuff, but I find that the shtuff shrinks and sleeves always short.

:D

Custom made shoes...that would be so cool!

And the price 2500-5000 isn't bad at all!

But I am going to stay in Bangkok ONLY 4 days :D

So I don't think there is time to get custome made shoes in that time... ######!

Do you know if there is any places in Hua Hin to get custome made shoes? :o

But I am going to stay in Bangkok ONLY 4 days :D

So I don't think there is time to get custome made shoes in that time... ######!

Do you know if there is any places in Hua Hin to get custome made shoes? :o

Why shouldn't that be enough time - although I never did shoes but I think for a nice pair of shoes you don't need more fittings than for a suit and they are pretty quick doing proper suits within 2-3 days, provided that you are available for a few fittings now and then...

KY