My first post

Rookiescot

Hi,

my first post on here so be gentle.

I understand that most first posts will be about visa's, work permits that sort of stuff. However I have a far more important and weighty issue to address.

Where the hell can I find tonic water in Nong Khai?

Hi guys

Looked in the local Tesco supermarket several times. Seem to have every damned fizzy pop on the planet except Tonic Water.

The local Tesco really reminds me of home in the UK. Hundreds of staff all trying to look busy doing nothing while the queue at the only 3 tills open stretches down the aisles. Nice of Tesco to take the time to remind us of home like that.

Im in Nong Khai Wat Thut district.

If you're looking for actual Tonic Water, Schweppes is probably the only one you'll find. I have found it at Tesco, but not stocked in the soda department. You may have to ask for it, or show them a picture.

Soda Water made by Singha or Chang is available everywhere.

post-93392-0-09290700-1442245996_thumb.j

Edited by curtklay

BTW - if anyone knows where I can get "slimline" or "diet" tonic in Thailand, I am willing to drive or fly anywhere.

The only diet tonic I've ever come across here is a Waitrose own brand tonic sold in Tops. It's just labeled 'sugar free'.

On a general Tonic note: Tonic water seems to have the tendency in my experience to disappear inexplicably for weeks on end, from all locations, just to magically re-appear as if nothing had happened!

BTW - if anyone knows where I can get "slimline" or "diet" tonic in Thailand, I am willing to drive or fly anywhere.

The only diet tonic I've ever come across here is a Waitrose own brand tonic sold in Tops. It's just labeled 'sugar free'.

On a general Tonic note: Tonic water seems to have the tendency in my experience to disappear inexplicably for weeks on end, from all locations, just to magically re-appear as if nothing had happened!

I call that the "Mister Benn" effect!

Agree with above posters - tonic water disappears even in the above mentioned superstores yet I can always get it at my little wine/spirit store in Bang Saray. I totally agree about Tesco's disdain for its customers. I avoid shopping there - I've too few years left to waste them queuing.

I call that the "Mister Benn" effect!

Clearly Google is my friend..I have now been introduced to a mythical cartoon character who inhabits 52 Festive Rd...who ever said TVF doesn't introduce you to exotic other worlds LOL