3BB useless today

Becker

I also live on the west side and it was miserable. the whole day my download speed was between,1-2 mb. Later in the evening it went up a big, but I normally am able to get 13-14 speed. I am on the 15mb plan. Even this morning it is between 7-8. During my years in Pattaya I have also had five occasions with no connection for up to 5 days at a time with no "technician" showing up after numerous calls. Every time they do show up, they always start with (your router is bad" or else "phone line your moo ban no good." After I insist neither of those are not the issue, they disappear for an hour and miraculously I am back to 14mb download speed again! Sadly, I think the other providers here are no better.

I have a second place in Bangkok where I am able to get True Cable Internet 18mb for 100 baht less and have had no problems for more than a year. Not available yet where I live in Pattaya but they keep telling me "coming soon" lol

I live east of Sukhumvit on the darkside and I had exactly the same conversations for 2 months as you did dthomass, every excuse in the book and then, surprise, surprise, it came back for a couple of more days, until next time. We went through 3 routers, 4 technicians and dozens of hours of downtime until we kicked them out and got True cable, which we had been told was not available 2 months earlier....but it is now and I get on average 35-42 Mbps, Check with them again!

I also live on the west side and it was miserable. the whole day my download speed was between,1-2 mb. Later in the evening it went up a big, but I normally am able to get 13-14 speed. I am on the 15mb plan. Even this morning it is between 7-8. During my years in Pattaya I have also had five occasions with no connection for up to 5 days at a time with no "technician" showing up after numerous calls. Every time they do show up, they always start with (your router is bad" or else "phone line your moo ban no good." After I insist neither of those are not the issue, they disappear for an hour and miraculously I am back to 14mb download speed again! Sadly, I think the other providers here are no better.

I have a second place in Bangkok where I am able to get True Cable Internet 18mb for 100 baht less and have had no problems for more than a year. Not available yet where I live in Pattaya but they keep telling me "coming soon" lol

Had a similar problem on 15Mb plan out in Sattahip and, after taking a lot of advice from this forum, I finally switched from the 15Mb back down to the basic plan. Service much improved albeit a bit slower, 11Mb most of the time rather than 14/15Mb but no dropping to to 1-2Mb any more and no dropping out completely as the more expensive line did with alarming regularity. Something to do with the higher priced service being oversubscribed or too far from the nearest connection box. It seems they keep making more lines available for the cheaper service but don't bother on the premium rated one, just try to extract more cash with their excuses about routers and phone lines.