International Buffet

pitrevie

Best one in Pattaya is on Friday and Saturday at Siam at Siam. Seafood Buffet for 555 baht, and another 300 baht for free flow with wine. I was lucky as the first time I ate at that buffet they had Alaskan King Crab legs, so I ate well for little. They do not however serve King Crab legs every Friday and Saturday. They have blue Thai crabs, mussels, oysters, shrimp, sushi and a great overall presentation with live piano music. Starts at 6pm.

Many thanks for the replies I saw the Hilton has a free flow wine buffet for 1100 baht ++ which is only 100 baht cheaper than what the Erawan charges in Bangkok. The Royal Cliff buffet looks interesting but I haven't been able to find out if they do the free flow wine buffet as well, perhaps they will reply today or someone will know.

Best one in Pattaya is on Friday and Saturday at Siam at Siam. Seafood Buffet for 555 baht, and another 300 baht for free flow with wine. I was lucky as the first time I ate at that buffet they had Alaskan King Crab legs, so I ate well for little. They do not however serve King Crab legs every Friday and Saturday. They have blue Thai crabs, mussels, oysters, shrimp, sushi and a great overall presentation with live piano music. Starts at 6pm.

I went there for a mates birthday recently.

It was okay but not a patch on the Hilton.

Hilton wins hands down.

Hilton wins hands down.

As indeed it should given that the food at the Hilton is about double the price and their wine buffet 3 or 4 times the price.

I personally think that Siam is good value, and would generally prefer it to the Hilton in the evening as I'm not much of an evening eater.

Many thanks for the replies I saw the Hilton has a free flow wine buffet for 1100 baht ++ which is only 100 baht cheaper than what the Erawan charges in Bangkok. The Royal Cliff buffet looks interesting but I haven't been able to find out if they do the free flow wine buffet as well, perhaps they will reply today or someone will know.

The Royal Cliff is better than the Hilton (and more expensive) but I'm not aware that they do a wine buffet, not that I've ever asked about it. They do free water which is fine for me.

It's every evening now, and the total with wine (just standard box wine) is about 900B. I dont think they ever served King Crabs or scallops beyond the first few weeks after they launched it; I've certainly not seem them at all since then, but I dont go there every day of course and maybe I've just been unlucky.

The quality of the ingredients has definitely decreased over time, but the Hilton is guilty of that also (as indeed are most places here).

The Royal Cliff is better than the Hilton (and more expensive) but I'm not aware that they do a wine buffet, not that I've ever asked about it. They do free water which is fine for me.

I actually got a reply and they confirmed they do not do a wine buffet (free flow) its by the glass or bottle which usually turns out more expensive than the meal. Still I don't suppose they can be blamed given that there is almost a 400% tax on wine.

No doubt in my mind the Mantra at the Amari for Sunday lunch is the best, getting quite expensive now however. 1700 food and 1500 free flow international wines. Food from seven different kitchens including Alaskan crab, sushi, Oysters from France and free Sake.

Here is a YouTube video I took a few years ago, it will give you a good idea of what is on offer, https://youtu.be/wP4KJpOBgF0

post-213922-0-29016400-1442379958_thumb.

post-213922-0-90069500-1442380336_thumb.

How would you know if you're not an evening eater? Are you comparing a lunch buffet with the Hilton lunch buffet?

How would you know if you're not an evening eater? Are you comparing a lunch buffet with the Hilton lunch buffet?

I know because I have been to the Hilton and the Royal Cliff in the evening, many times. I've also made many evening visits to the Siam, and the Montien when it was still functioning, and Cape Dara, and the various Centaras, and all of the others at least once.

Because I dont like to eat a lot in the evening doesnt mean that I never go to those places in the evening; I just dont go too often. Given the choice I would rather go at lunchtime, but the Hilton is about the only place that does anything worthwhile at lunchtime, apart from Sundays of course when quite a few places do a good brunch.

It's a shame that we dont have the lunchtime buffet choice/competition here that they have in Bangkok. If we did then I probably would not go to the evening ones here at all, unless they were doing something absolutely exceptional.

I know because I have been to the Hilton and the Royal Cliff in the evening, many times. I've also made many evening visits to the Siam, and the Montien when it was still functioning, and Cape Dara, and the various Centaras, and all of the others at least once.

Because I dont like to eat a lot in the evening doesnt mean that I never go to those places in the evening; I just dont go too often. Given the choice I would rather go at lunchtime, but the Hilton is about the only place that does anything worthwhile at lunchtime, apart from Sundays of course when quite a few places do a good brunch.

It's a shame that we dont have the lunchtime buffet choice/competition here that they have in Bangkok. If we did then I probably would not go to the evening ones here at all, unless they were doing something absolutely exceptional.

LOL> for a non-evening eater you do a lot of evening eating... a lot more than I do and I'm definitely an evening eater.

Why do you think Royal Cliff is better than the Hilton. What stood out, other than the higher price?

LOL> for a non-evening eater you do a lot of evening eating... a lot more than I do and I'm definitely an evening eater.

Why do you think Royal Cliff is better than the Hilton. What stood out, other than the higher price?

I eat out at least once most days, sometimes twice, so I get to try a lot of places. If I only do one buffet a week (which is not really a lot) that's still 50+ per year.

Most restaurants here dont do different evening/lunch menus so I can try all those places at lunchtimes and still get to try the others that do specials in the evening.

I cant point to any particular items in either place (not least because the Hilton is themed differently each day, and tends to progressively reduce the cost of the ingredients after each price increase anyway) but I just think that globally the Royal Cliff is better. Previously the weekly Montien seafood buffet was the evening one that I went to most regularly, for a mix of quality and value at 999B net including free water, but sadly they folded recently.

Siam is certainly a step down from the Hilton, but it is also a lot cheaper so I think that it's good value for what you pay.

Hilton wins hands down.

As indeed it should given that the food at the Hilton is about double the price and their wine buffet 3 or 4 times the price.

I personally think that Siam is good value, and would generally prefer it to the Hilton in the evening as I'm not much of an evening eater.

Well I wouldn't go back to Siam . I paid I think 550 baht no alcohol but really the quality of the food not up to scratch.

I can get a good quality meal elsewhere for less than that.

I also found the guy playing the piano a bit annoying but each to their own.

Archived