Not allowed into Cambodia?

Why not ? Cambodia isn't tightening up, Thailand is thumbsup.gif

ok so can i enter Cambodia (get Visa-on-Arrival) and then get back to Thailand from Laos (on 30 days visa exemption) ?

That solely depends on how many 30 day visa exempts (for Thailand) you already have if you wanna reenter Thailand on a 30 day visa exempt.

Edit: As already said, Entering Cambodia is no problem, but coming back to Thailand (from any country) with too many 30 day visa exempts could be a problem

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1

Why not ? Cambodia isn't tightening up, Thailand is thumbsup.gif

ok so can i enter Cambodia (get Visa-on-Arrival) and then get back to Thailand from Laos (on 30 days visa exemption) ?

That solely depends on how many 30 day visa exempts (for Thailand) you already have if you wanna reenter Thailand on a 30 day visa exempt.

I never went to Thailand before. Will on the 25th of October (by plane from Europe), then after 3 days in Bangkok i wish to go to Cambodia (get visa on arrival), Vietnam (already have visa) and Laos (visa on arrival). Then I want to re-enter Thailand overland from Laos so I can fly to Myanmar. Got all my plane tickets and required funds.

^Then you will not have a problem.

They are (at the moment) only targeting people who do Border Runs who have Many (more then 2-3) Visa Exempt 15-30 days stamps in their passports.

so technically can i try to enter Thailand from Cambodia (overland) if i don't have 2-3 visa exemptions in my passport?

They are (at the moment) only targeting people who do Border Runs who have Many (more then 2-3) Visa Exempt 15-30 days stamps in their passports.

so technically can i try to enter Thailand from Cambodia (overland) if i don't have 2-3 visa exemptions in my passport?

Yes you can (but please note: The Visa Exempt ones (Thai Immigration is looking at) are not the Cambodian or the Laos ones but the Thai ones :) and as you will only be a couple of days in Thailand and then moving on no problem. And you have the paperwork to prove that you are a genuine tourist.

One question though, do you have a return ticket back to your home country ?

Edited by MJCM

Yes you can.

thanks for your words, does the same rule apply to airports (or land borders only)? also, why do people say that everyone is not allowed?

Yes you can (but please note: The Visa Exempt ones (Thai Immigration is looking at) are not the Cambodian or the Laos ones but the Thai ones smile.png and as you will only be a couple of days in Thailand and then moving on no problem. And you have the paperwork to prove that you are a genuine tourist.

Yes, ticket to Myanmar and ticket to Russia (connecting flight to Poland).

Yes you can (but please note: The Visa Exempt ones (Thai Immigration is looking at) are not the Cambodian or the Laos ones but the Thai ones smile.png and as you will only be a couple of days in Thailand and then moving on no problem. And you have the paperwork to prove that you are a genuine tourist.

Yes, ticket to Myanmar and ticket to Russia (connecting flight to Poland).

Just show the (Thai) Immigration Officer (when asked for) those papers and you shouldn't have any problem.

Good Luck and save travels

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 2

See post 6 re tickets etc. All OK

Can I ask what passport you hold - it can make a difference for land crossings.

You should not have any issues. Be aware that a handful of border crossings (mainly near Myanmar) are not acting correctly.

You should not have any issues. Be aware that a handful of border crossings (mainly near Myanmar) are not acting correctly.

Polish national with Polish/EU passport,

Polish national with Polish/EU passport,

Then I believe you will get 15 days at a land border and 30 days if arriving in Thailand by air.

Per Siam Legal website:-

Citizens of Poland are permitted to stay in Thailand up to 30 days if entering via international airport and up to 15 days if entering through a land border checkpoint from a neighboring country (Laos, Myanmar and Cambodia) under the Visa Exemption Rule.

Please note that you must be in possession of the following if you wish to visit Thailand:

1. A valid passport.

You will need a passport valid for at least 6 months following your departure date. It is also recommended that your valid passport have at least 2 remaining unused pages for any necessary entry and exit stamps that may be issued.

2. A confirmed travel itinerary
  3. Proof of accommodation and funds of at least THB 10,000 per person and THB 20,000 per family.

http://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand/changes-visa-exempt.php

If you want to make it even easier for Cambodia, get an e-visa. It's all possible via the internet and email with a printer. https://www.evisa.gov.kh/ They are good for 30 days and must be used within 90. It saves standing in the visa line and filling out a form on the airplane. You have to submit your passport information and a photo along with a payment.

To make doubly sure of being able to reenter Thailand a tourist visa is relatively easy to get in Vientiane, Laos, according to the latest reports. Last time I had a concierge service at the hotel I was staying at take care of the visa for me in Cambodia, it cost a total of $50 and took about 5 days. Absolutely no questions asked when I reentered with a tourist visa into Thailand, unlike reentering without one.

Good luck in your travels.

Yes you can.

thanks for your words, does the same rule apply to airports (or land borders only)? also, why do people say that everyone is not allowed?

Yes, same rules are also supposed to apply at airports.

No problems if you can substantiate your travel plans though.

Otherwise get a tourist visa in Phnom Penh, Savannakhet or Vientiane (one of the latter two are better) if you're worried. Or perhaps change your travel plans to fly on a connecting flight to Myanmar via BKK without needing to enter Thailand. Another possibility is to travel from Thailand to Laos, then Vietnam and finally Cambodia, from where there are direct flights to Myanmar. Or you could go Thailand->Laos->Cambodia->Vietnam, from where there are also flights to Myanmar (from both HCMC and Hanoi).

It is the same rules for entries at border crossings and airports.

But the difference is that a the airports they have to go through the proper procedures to deny entry. At border crossings the will just say no with no procedures followed and no denial of entry stamp. Also at some crossings they will not let you leave the country it they see that you will not be able to re-enter.

• Like 1

Weird. Why do some people keep saying that NO-ONE (on Visa exemption) is allowed to cross Thai-Cambodian border?

You can cross the border but if you were trying to get another visa exempt entry immediately after crossing you probably would not be allowed to enter the country.

If you just want to cross the border for a visit to Cambodia you would be allowed to leave.

Affrican passports are not accepted for oveland crosing to Laos and maybe Cambodia

That is a very general statement and not correct.

For Laos some may not be able to get a visa on arrival but if they got a visa from a Lao embassy or consulate they could still enter at a border crossing. Info here for those not allowed a VOA: http://www.laos-guide-999.com/visa-on-arrival.html#noteligble

For Cambodia it is the same. These are the only countries that cannot get a e-visa but can still get a VOA at a major crossing..

Countries not supported Afghanistan, Algeria, Arab Saudi, Bangladesh, Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Nigeria (Please apply your Visa from your nearest embassy or on-arrival at all major checkpoints).

Affrican passports are not accepted for oveland crosing to Laos and maybe Cambodia

That is a very general statement and not correct.

For Laos some may not be able to get a visa on arrival but if they got a visa from a Lao embassy or consulate they could still enter at a border crossing. Info here for those not allowed a VOA: http://www.laos-guide-999.com/visa-on-arrival.html#noteligble

For Cambodia it is the same. These are the only countries that cannot get a e-visa but can still get a VOA at a major crossing..

Countries not supported Afghanistan, Algeria, Arab Saudi, Bangladesh, Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Nigeria (Please apply your Visa from your nearest embassy or on-arrival at all major checkpoints).

Basically, what I need to know is if I can get overland to Thailand from Cambodia. I will have only two Thai stamps in my passport (in at the airport and out at the Thai-Lao border) dated 4 weeks before I try to enter Thailand from Cambodia.

Basically, what I need to know is if I can get overland to Thailand from Cambodia. I will have only two Thai stamps in my passport (in at the airport and out at the Thai-Lao border) dated 4 weeks before I try to enter Thailand from Cambodia.

How many times in how many different threads are you going to ask the same questions!

• Like 1

How many times in how many different threads are you going to ask the same questions!

If we were told what answer is sought someone could provide it !