Sathorn Unique owner files complaint against 'Team Farang' for trespassing

webfact

What's the stupid obsession with this unfinished tower among westerners?

Go to the Facebook page Bangkok Expats and every other day some brain dead dodo asks about whether they can go up.

NO!! Now please, get a life people.

What's the stupid obsession with moaning posts on forums among westerners?

Go to the Thaivisa page and every other day some braid dead dodo is moaning about something insignificant

NO!! Now please get a life people

So the owner sued these two pointless 'digital pikeys'' erm, I mean, ''nomads'' in the video? What did he do with a whole 40 baht? Doesn't he realise he took away their entire Mama Noodle budget/earnings for this decade?

Come on lads, lets support them and all buy a 'Team Farang' T Shirt....or not.....laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

Edited by MrBrilliant

I read somewhere that the reason the building wasn't completed is that the fire escapes were too narrow an they were prohibited from completing it while it wasn't up to code .... and the fire escapes cannot be altered because they are integral to the structure / would cost too much to do.

The Wikipedia article only lists the 1997 financial crisis as the cause of the construction halt.

There will no doubt come a time when the economics of the land value and potential profit from demolition and rebuilding will make sense, but that time is not now.

attachicon.gifsat uni.jpg - MEETS - attachicon.gifdyna.jpg

This is what should happen to this obscene confection, reminiscent of a decaying wedding cake.

The owners should be sued by BMA for polluting the riverside landscape.

Would you really trust them to demolish the building with explosives????? Where have you been?

It was a joke.

post-9891-0-79235400-1442493785_thumb.jp

Whoever possibly buys that tower in the future will probably have to tear it down. It was never finished....been exposed to the rough tropical environment going on two two decades now....even concrete and steel deteriorates (i.e., cracks, rusts, etc) when not protected from the environment. I sure know I would never buy a condo in that building if they ever decided to finish it....and with it being called the Ghost Tower now Thai's definitely wouldn't buy any condos units there due to their beliefs in ghosts/spirits. I expect the current owner wants a price that is many, many times what anyone is willing to pay considering it's condition, associated legal issues, etc. I drive by this tower about once a week...it surely is an ugly building since it was never completed...and made uglier by the huge advertising banners like for Coke they hang on it. I expect some day the govt will seize the building for some reason...maybe unpaid bills...and auction it off for a small fraction of its worth just to get it torn down.

It would have been God ugly even if it was completed.

is there any security guard in thailand who can say NO to a bribe ? :)

ive been reading reports about this place being restricted for years

i thought it was finally closed after the swedeish guy hung himself last time

and the report was the security are not letting anyone else up

then a few weeks ago i see 2 farang girls on facebook standing on the roof ......

and now this guys get in and make a movie ?

an electric fence around it with a power supply that cannot be bribed ? i suppose the on/off switch

would have to be in singapore or something for obvious reasons ........

attachicon.gifsat uni.jpg - MEETS - attachicon.gifdyna.jpg

This is what should happen to this obscene confection, reminiscent of a decaying wedding cake.

The owners should be sued by BMA for polluting the riverside landscape.

Would you really trust them to demolish the building with explosives????? Where have you been?

It was a joke.

attachicon.gifover.jpg

Maybe there was some humour in the reply as well.

Why should they? It's their property to do what they want with.

No, it's not. It's a matter of public concern: it's unsafe ( possibly unsound), a health hazard, an eyesore. The owners appear to be making no effort to deal with the problem and so it should be acquired by the govt, demolished and the land sold.

Actually, it is. It is a privately owned property and although it may be an eyesore it is of no public concern.

What is unsafe about it? The building is just sitting there doing nothing other than existing, it is only unsafe when someone does something unsafe in it. Nothing happened to those two clowns when they went prancing about in it.

Perhaps the owners are doing something, like hanging on to it until the value of the land increases enough for someone to want to buy it?

Since when should the government be allowed to acquire privately owned property and sell it without the owners agreement? And why pick on this particular building?

At the moment it could be demolished just because the PM doesn't like it. I'm sure someone could call it a threat to national security after the recent bomb.

More realistically it could be considered to be spoiling the view from a neighbouring property thereby reducing that property's value. I don't know what other buildings are near it but could be used as a way to get rid of it regardless of whether it's reasonable or not.

Why don't the stupid <deleted!> actually complete the building!

What a profound statement!!

I thought so!

If they haven't the money to finish it. Sell it!

Why should they? It's their property to do what they want with.

No, it's not. It's a matter of public concern: it's unsafe ( possibly unsound), a health hazard, an eyesore. The owners appear to be making no effort to deal with the problem and so it should be acquired by the govt, demolished and the land sold.

It's not unsafe: The owners pay a security company to keep people out and fire them if they don't perform.

It's not unsound: nearly 2 decades later and it's still standing. It would take immense force to destabilise that building.

It's not a health hazard: since when has concrete and steel been detrimental to people's health?

It is an eyesore, but then so are a lot of farangs wandering around the entertainment areas.

I have been inside the Ghost Tower a few times...one time at night. Creepy place at night.

Those 2 free runners are awesome athletes and very ballsy....but I guess they know their limits.

Great video. Made my butt clench a few times.

Butt clench? Mate, a few of those shots made my scrotum shrivel.

I used to have no fear of heights and could and would do a lot of what those ballsy guys could do....but now....I've lost it.

Whoever possibly buys that tower in the future will probably have to tear it down. It was never finished....been exposed to the rough tropical environment going on two two decades now....even concrete and steel deteriorates (i.e., cracks, rusts, etc) when not protected from the environment. I sure know I would never buy a condo in that building if they ever decided to finish it....and with it being called the Ghost Tower now Thai's definitely wouldn't buy any condos units there due to their beliefs in ghosts/spirits. I expect the current owner wants a price that is many, many times what anyone is willing to pay considering it's condition, associated legal issues, etc. I drive by this tower about once a week...it surely is an ugly building since it was never completed...and made uglier by the huge advertising banners like for Coke they hang on it. I expect some day the govt will seize the building for some reason...maybe unpaid bills...and auction it off for a small fraction of its worth just to get it torn down.

"I expect some day the govt will seize the building for some reason...maybe unpaid bills...and auction it off for a small fraction of its worth just to get it torn down."

I expect not, why would the government seize someone's private property, under what powers? What government bills are the owners likely to have outstanding?

Article 44

I have been inside the Ghost Tower a few times...one time at night. Creepy place at night.

Those 2 free runners are awesome athletes and very ballsy....but I guess they know their limits.

Great video. Made my butt clench a few times.

Butt clench? Mate, a few of those shots made my scrotum shrivel.

I used to have no fear of heights and could and would do a lot of what those ballsy guys could do....but now....I've lost it.

I admit I also had some scrote tingles on some of those landings on the ledges...a little too much rotation and it could have been over.

But those guys were perfect and knew exactly what they were doing.

BTW, the security guys are only there sometimes, and they ask 500 baht, but you can negotiate down to 200 baht.

They really could care less, so they have no issue letting people in. Wear good shoes with good soles - lots of rebar poking through the concrete and lots of rubble and broken glass. Last thing you want is to poke a hole in your foot at the 50th floor. Take water and a camera. Best time is late afternoon for sunset views, but walking down in dark is risky.

Why don't the stupid <deleted!> actually complete the building!

What a profound statement!!

I thought so!

If they haven't the money to finish it. Sell it!

By all means buy it and complete it.

The building is a Catch 22.

Completing it now is far too expensive.

Tearing it down will add too much cost to whatever you want to replace it with.

We need the ghosts to deal with the problem...