do you use icloud?

dsurin66

I just purchased the latest macbook pro with retina and there is the option to open an 'icloud' account.

Do you use icloud? How do you rate it? Is it secure? Do you keep all files, music etc?

Can I save all of my itunes music on icloud? I presume that I still have to sync it in itunes on my laptop ie it cant be played from icloud?

any information is appreciated

thanks

I use iCloud and find it works great for my needs (I'm all Apple). It's secure...they have a 2FA authentication (that I use).

Music is handled a little differently. You have 2 options: iTunes Match and Apple Music.

iTunes Match will match all your existing music and let you play anything from the cloud. You don't have to sync anymore with iTunes once using iTunes Match.

Apple Music is Apple's streaming service like spotify. Access to like 30 million songs are something the cloud to stream or download (for play offline).

Match is like 70 baht a month and Apple Music is like a 199 baht or something a month (really rough estimates on those prices).

I use iCloud and find it works great for my needs (I'm all Apple). It's secure...they have a 2FA authentication (that I use).

If you take in a team of IT security experts and have full access to review all of the procedures, software, and hardware used by Apple at its data centers and internal networks, and if you were able to understand the resulting report, you might be in a position to say that it is secure. The NSA thought they were secure when they vetted Ed Snowden.

Edited by CaptHaddock

• 1 month later...