Houses for rent in South Jomtien or Huay Yai area?

craigt3365

We're a bit desperate. Flooded out and trying to find alternative accommodation for the family for the next few months while the house is fixed up.

Our house is near the Ambassador, so we'd like to be as close as possible during the construction/cleanup work. I've got a dog, so that narrows things down a bit.

Does anybody know of any good villages in this area? We're checking in at Silk Road, Baan Balina 3 (not flooded, lucky dogs), Baan Balina 2 has reports they were flooded out. I've read about Panalee, so will check that out. Silk Road might be a bit expensive, trying to stay under 30,000B/month.

Any others you guys can think of? Preferably south of Thepprasit.

We're in pretty tough times so appreciate any and all suggestions. What a mess....water is still knee deep in the village today.

The best way to find houses for rent at sensible prices is to drive around and look at the rent/for sale signs in the areas and in villages you would like to stay.

Otherwise, you are in the hands of agents who inflate the prices and keep the difference. You'll need a Thai speaker to make the calls and ask the relevant questions. It always works for me and I find places well below so-called current rental asking prices.

Good hunting

Thanks M! Yes, I know the best way is to drive around. But we did get our first condo rental here via an agent. Showed us around and set us up. Was cheaper than what was offered by the building, but a bit more than if we'd just cruise around and look at the for rent signs!

We worked all day today. Tough day. I'm still not sure how long we'll be out of the house. Hope to know more soon.

Sorry for not replying back. It's been an absolute mess. We've got the dog at a friend's house, Mom was at the Ambassador for 4 nights, and we're at a friends condo in Jomtien.

I think we can get mom back into her "granny" flat by the end of the week, along with the dog. That's where she needs to be with her caregiver and day time maid. It's very difficult to take care of her.

We rented a small hotel room across the road from the house for 15k/month. And will move into that when mom's back home. Her room wasn't damaged too much.

We're getting through it. Some have been hit quite hard as they used the cheap pressed wood furniture. All that's gone. Our furniture was teak, so held up well. Just needed to be cleaned off.

So...think we are good for now. Again, sorry to the late reply back and thanks to those who sent PMs with offers of help!!!!!