Returning to Thailand (holiday) - Some advice sought, please

alt

Hi all,

My GF and I are planning our 3 week Christmas holiday, and we want to come back to SE Asia (Have previously visited Thailand / Laos / Cambodia / Vietnam).

Although we love Thailand, we'd like to visit places that we didn't see before. Given that we'll no doubt spend a few days in BKK and then possibly 2 nights in Kanchanaburi, we're wondeirng what to do with our other 2 weeks.

As we're in Ireland and have had a miserable summer, we're thinking sun sun sun beach beach beach! The only island's we haven't visited are, so are thinking of either of the following:

1) Islands in the South West - Koh Lipe etc. - we'd like to do a little bit of island hopping... what other islands down there are worth a visit?

2) Go east from BKK and visit Koh Chang (are there other islands over there worth a visit?), and then over to Cambodia (Sihanoukville) for a while.

To give a little background, we're coming up on our late 20's. We mainly strive for adventure, infact the last thing I would normally want to do it just 'hang out' on beaches for 2 - 3 weeks, but as I mentioned above we've had such a wash-out of a summer in Ireland, i'd happily to that this time!

As ever, your suggestions are much welcomed :)

PS. We're thinking of flying Dec 9th - 31st

Hi

I would intro Tha le Waek (Separated sea), the amazing phernomenon happens when there is a low tide and water level is down till, is situated along Koh (island) Dam Hok and Koh Dam Kwan. These two, each of which offers one spectacular beach, are surrounded by about ten smaller, all-rock islands that have no real beaches.

As the magic of the Miracle Beach, Koh Dam Kwan , in only a moment while you are watching strange-shaped Dam Khwan Islet and other small islets nearby, the tide can go out unnoticeably, a line of raised sand eventually appears forming a bridge between the islets, allowing visitors to walk between them.

The secrets of nature will solely reveal themselves to those who are in the right place and at the righ Separated seat time.

you might google out tha le waek for more information