Are the Phones in MBK (4th Floor) fake or not ?

easybullet3

When the iphone 6 came out, a market stall in Patong had them for sale at 4500bht, they looked exactly like the real thing externally, however, when you look at the software, it looks very slightly differant from the IOS platform, it also said it was IOS 7. But the iphone 6 only came with IOS 8.

The software they use for the fakes is actually a " doctored" version of Android software.

The phone appeared to work as a phone etc, but obviosly you could never update it or download correct Apple apps.

According to one store in MBK they get their phones direct from China, some i guess are real, but you take your own chances in Thailand as with everything else you buy.

I think if they had an Apple phone with Andoid it would be a fake. Just a wild hunch though.

MBK phone area -assuming one consider the private stalls on 5th floor and not the Brand shops also on same floor- is huge, mostly are very legitimate and serious sellers, one can find the fakes (sellers normally tells you is a copy), the refurbished/second hand (watch out, often perfectly repacked and resealed) and many new -usually unlocked from parallel imports (SG,HK..).

I trust a couple of places but never bought something more expensive than 3000 THB, an amount which will not make me desperate if lost.

Before buying a Note4 (26.000THB) I asked many Thai Bangkok friends and colleagues where they bought their smartphones..guess what, none ever did over there.

So did I, went to Samsung official dealer (still.. at MBK!).