American Burger Restaurant Loei

MYKTHEMIN

For those of us that are GPS challenged, can you tell us the name of the restaurant and the approximate location?

We come to Loei monthly and I would love to get a decent hamburger.

With those GPS coordinates any body will be challenged. whistling.gif

I'm certainly challenged, those co ordinates appear to be in the middle of the forest......

The coordinates are from my garmin so are spot on, it is down a back street and has been open about 6 weeks and heard about it from a golfing mate, check it out on facebook.

Try these coordinates. GPSfrom:17.4936989393, 101.724300673

why? mine are correct and take me there?

The coordinates are from my garmin so are spot on, it is down a back street and has been open about 6 weeks and heard about it from a golfing mate, check it out on facebook.

Try these coordinates. GPSfrom:17.4936989393, 101.724300673

why? mine are correct and take me there?

They don't for anybody else. tongue.png

GPS is great open a debate about location using coordinates and half the world turns off.

https://www.facebook.com/loeiAmericanBurger/photos_stream

Comes up in a minute if you google "burger restaurant loei"

Map (extendable and zoomable) is on the 'About' tab

Sorry - had It skill failure trying to post an extract of the map using my usual approach - not immune form tech failure m'self

It's at that junction of Khirirat Road and Khirirat Soi 3

Wow - I'm even more dense than I thought. Every time I tried to get my full mail, including map, through (using slightly different approaches) ThaiV silently published the first line and the browesr asked me to resend and on and on. It took me one minute to find the bladdy eatery and half an hour to clean up my act.

By jove, I think we've got it.

The name of the place is a real puzzler...Loei's American Burger.

I now know the approximate location and hopefully can find it without the use of a GPS, compass or divining rod.

Won't be going until the first week or so of October but will post a full report when the mission is accomplished.

Fools rush in where Angels fear to tread...and all that stuff.

By jove, I think we've got it.

The name of the place is a real puzzler...Loei's American Burger.

I now know the approximate location and hopefully can find it without the use of a GPS, compass or divining rod.

Won't be going until the first week or so of October but will post a full report when the mission is accomplished.

Fools rush in where Angels fear to tread...and all that stuff.

Here.

https://www.facebook.com/loeiAmericanBurger

• 3 weeks later...

Followup to my post of 23 September...

Today was my 78th birthday and my wife and kids asked where I wanted to go to lunch. Not being terribly excited about the possibility of choosing from one of many noodle stands, I suggested we go to Loei and find the Loei American Burger restaurant.

I made everybody go to the hong nam, grabbed a couple of bottles of water and headed out on the 65 kilometer drive to Loei. I had visited this thread earlier and had the map pictured in my mind and had my wife look at it for her input. That was a mistake since the map shows Loei City Hall on the wrong side of the road so I knew she was going to be a problem when we arrived in the city. Sure enough when we got there, I drove right by where she told me to turn left and didn't dare try to establish eye contact at that point in time. I remained silent, sullen and steadfast in what, she thought, was a fool's errand...with the fool driving the car.

I went to the "T" intersection where 201 hits 203, turned right, drove about one kilometer where I made the first U-turn and started looking for Soi Khirirat. I found it rather quickly but the sign spelled the street more like "keereerat". Feeling extremely proud of my navigational skills I slowly started driving up the road looking for Soi 3. Found that and, lo and behold, the restaurant was right there.

The four of us entered a rather smallish but very clean restaurant and were warmly greeted by the waitress and the cook.

Placed our orders as follows:

Me - bacon cheese beef burger with everything.

Wife - Chicken burger

Son - Pork burger

Daughter - Cheese hot dog

All these with side orders of french fries and mashed potatoes.

The food was delivered as promptly as it could be prepared and we settled down for the lunch.

To make a long story (already) somewhat shorter, the food was well prepared, very tasty and nobody had any complaints.

The price was 444 baht and well worth the cost.

I strongly recommend the place if you are in need of Yank food and we will return soon. The spaghetti looks great in the picture.

• 1 year later...

Anyone know if American Burger is still open?  I got curious and tried to find it on Google street view.  Seems like the building is newer than Google's June 2014 street view.  I finally had to check details in a picture of the shop - rooflines of adjacent buildings and a cement wall.  Bingo!  I used to live in a small wood house which was right next door on the left, in 1978/79.  My former landlord's house was the big one right behind the burger place, facing Khirirat.

That area has changed greatly in 38 years. Khirat Soi 3 used to have a bunch of wooden shacks and wasn't a good neighborhood.  It's referred to as Ban Haa. My buddy had his motorcycle stolen outside the fence of my house when he was visiting one evening. I used to lock mine up in my landlord's garage outbuilding. 

Archived