CTH Set Top Box Failure

Burl Ives

Signed up for 2 years, 2 months to go in the contract and the set top box fails and goes into constant reboot mode.

Contacted CTH and was told set top box warranty 1 year only so I have to buy a new box at 1800THB.

Obviously cheap rubbish from China. I have no intention of renewing my contract as I use 365sport.tv, as I only had CTH for EPL, rest of the programmes are crap

Please be aware of this con!

Burl Ives

What con? Expect if you have another CTH tuner they will provide contracted service to it on request - but it appears you do not want to buy a new tuner so will be out 2 months of programming. That seems to be your call. This advertisement of CTH box clearly says 1 year so expect that is normal (and what most people would expect). But perhaps you got mislead by the 2 year programming contract?

http://www.lazada.co.th/cth-zpay-tv-digital-hd-plus-black-1780972.html

Now if you have bought a new box and they refuse to move the contract to it would understand being upset.

Blimey. The poor OP gets grief because the piece of shit CTH sold him only works for a year. He should be commended for letting everyone know. coffee1.gif

Which is actually quite surprising in my opinion as my missus threw the CTH box on the floor during one of her extended Thai wobblers.

I was amazed when it worked the next time I switched it on,although it was raining in Vietnam at the time so I didn't have any signal.