Just went to the labour office to renew my work permit no receipt or 100baht filing fee?

i went to the labour office with another teacher. We handed our documents across they checked everything and said it will be ready in couple of days they didnt ask for the 100baht filing fee of give a receipt. Should i be worried? I have a friend in nother province who is currently having many problems so maybe i am over thinking things. Any insights would be good

Hello,

Exactly! This is Thailand.

I'd say you might be asked to pay 100B for it when you go pick it up in a few

days. You'll be alright.

My colleague at school renewed his WP a few months ago but got it done

on the day he applied for it. I'd think it depends upon the immigration office.

Can I ask you one thing now? Which one did you do first, your WP renewal

or your Non-B extension? We have to do the extension first, and then the

renewal here.

Edited by Too

Without any of the bigot comments. Some of the fees are arbitrary. It was probably just your good manners.

I went to one office, which I would never name. The first year I went there, I just complied with my policy and gave everybody there 100 baht.

There were 11 or 12 people. The following years, I couldn't make them take any. We get what we give. No more, no less.

This especially applies to the people who censor my comments and suspend me from TV. Because what I say goes over their heads.

There is a formal filing fee of 100 THB then 3,000 THB for the one year Work Permit renewal. Possibly they will charge you 3,100 THB when you collect.

However potentially your problem is this: Without a WP5 receipt you cannot work, since this is the substitute document that should be produced if a WP is demanded.

If you are near the WP renewal date and without any form of receipt, then I personally would be extremely nervous that things could go tits up.

Plus, how do you go about applying for a new one year extension without any evidence that your WP5 application is filed?

• Like 1

So the first comment was about yesterday but I woke up worrying. Got a phone call today saying that my medical cert was a photo copy not original and asked bring I the original so told them I'd be there within the hour.

Got there they took my medical certificate and started doing all the stamps and asked me to wait. After about 20mins they asked us for 3100 baht per app so 9300 in total and everything was done. They even processed my colleagues who is in Laos and he'd forgotten to give us the photos. So all in all I was worrying about nothing. Tomorrow ill be off to immigration fingers crossed everything will be just as smooth

Hello,

days. You'll be alright.

renewal here.

We do our work permit first buddy then head to immigration

Hello,

days. You'll be alright.

renewal here.

Immigration office has nothing to do with the W.P.

If anyone's interested.

Went to immigration today with all forms in hand all signed and ready. It didn't go completely to plan. Our degrees letters from kurusapha transcripts all needed to be countersigned by our director. This was a new thing which we didn't have to do last year so heads up to anyone else doing I soon.

Not too much of a pain the office is only 40mins away in the car. Just glad I went in the morning