Officials reveal plans for Surin beachfront makeover

webfact

Officials reveal plans for Surin beachfront makeover
Phuket Gazette

sb.jpg
Plans to revamp Surin's beachfront have already been sent to the governor. Photo: Cherng Talay OrBorTor

PHUKET: -- Cherng Talay Administration Organization (OrBorTor) President Ma-ann Samran has revealed his dream project for Surin's beachfront after the current land encroachment cases have been settled.

“Originally I planned to have a public park, activity space and a walkway, as well as a stadium,” Mr Ma-ann said. “The plan was submitted to the governor several months ago with an estimated budget of 27 million baht.”

“I also plan on constructing new buildings on the NorSorLor land, where the beach clubs and restaurants currently are. We are just waiting for an answer from the provincial authorities to authorize the OrBorTor to use the land by using Section 9 of the property law, which allows us to rent the land to the private sector at a proper rate.”

Mr Ma-ann also noted that he would like to cater to as many people as possible, knowing that different tourist groups expect different amenities.

“There are Thai and foreign tourists and each of them have different expectations. Some may just need a clean beach, while some may need facilities.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Officials-reveal-plans-Surin-beachfront-makeover/62001?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2015-09-22

A beach front stadium? Really? And this part; “I also plan on constructing new buildings on the NorSorLor land, where the beach clubs and restaurants currently are. We are just waiting for an answer from the provincial authorities to authorize the OrBorTor to use the land by using Section 9 of the property law, which allows us to rent the land to the private sector at a proper rate.”

​This guy doesn't give up. Rent to the private sector at a high rate..

A beach front stadium? Really? And this part; “I also plan on constructing new buildings on the NorSorLor land, where the beach clubs and restaurants currently are. We are just waiting for an answer from the provincial authorities to authorize the OrBorTor to use the land by using Section 9 of the property law, which allows us to rent the land to the private sector at a proper rate.”

The football field has existed for a long time already. Have you been to Surin beach in the recent years?

The big change from the posted image would be more parking space.

The football field has existed for a long time already. Have you been to Surin beach in the recent years?

No I haven't been up that way since all the beach clubs and all. No desire. Probably the last time was about 11years ago when I lived in Patong.

The middle left of the pic should show thew new sewerage treatment plant that has been slipped in on Phukets premier beach.

Its a disgraceful addition that went in without public input , restricts the road from ever being widened , and is at the gateway to this beach.

Ma-an should never been allowed a position in public office....

Clearly Ma-ann has ideas to make up for his much reduced 'brown letter' income. This guy should not be in public office.

Samran, and his supporters in Surin, are going to hold Surin to ransom for every last single baht they can squeeze out of the place, until there is no more.

Their greed typifies all that is wrong with Phuket.

Clearly Ma-ann has ideas to make up for his much reduced 'brown letter' income. This guy should not be in public office.

No elections mean all these local elected officials are in for life, apparently. This guy and his permit office has been responsible for about 4 miles of encroachment on Surin and Bang-Tao and I know for a fact that ... ( censored due to libel laws)

Will he ever have his finances investigated? Not likely.

Which will fill immediately with ratted taxis defending their turf and the ever present various mobile chicken vendors.

I'm surprised Mary Ann hasn't been wiped, lot of people paid a lot of money for those spots, just to have them evaporate.