Auschwitz: Woman, 91, accused of complicity in murder of 260,000 Jews

webfact

This is a pathetic waste of time.

They could have prosecuted tens of thousands of people for who worked in the supporting services that kept the concentration camps working with charges like this decades ago when they were all still alive but chose not to.

It sounds to me like they've ran out of actual real targets and are now going after the low hanging fruit.

I guess they will be rounding up clerks, janitors, cleaners, cooks and other office staff for years to come.

Actually the low hanging fruit (easiest to prosecute) where the people in charge running the

camp. This girl (considered a juvenile) if all she did was operate the radio and you are

going after her 70+ years after the fact is a waste of time and resources. We should

never forget, and maybe this is what this prosecution is all about. Not sure.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A 91 year old to be tried in juvenile court?

I was alive at that time, and I will never forget or forgive ALL germans for their butchery! not to mention their complete lack of human decency they were all devils and got what they deserved on both wars which they started! there are no innocent germans! they are ALL responsible for the actions of that pervert hitler! when my brother entered germany with the U.S. Army he said that he could not find one nazi! it seems they all dissappeared! not one german admitted to being a nazi so he treated them all the same! a swift boot in the ass if they did not obey the soldiers!

even today i find the germans hateful people and avoid them like the plague!

Still so many mentally diseased Jew haters in the world and we've got our share posting on this forum. Maybe wait until the evidence is presented in this particular case before anyone passes judgment on her culpability. Again this is what the German authorities decided to do ... it's up to them.

Personally I will be happy to see the last of these cases. The really big Nazi fish either escaped completely, already tried, and/or long dead. These cases against the Nazi flotsam and jetsam seem to largely serve to rile up the Jew haters.
Au contraire, these cases are normally brought up by Jewish organizations.
So you're just here to rag on Jews ... is that it? Dude what about THIS case? Is the German government pressing the charges a Jewish organization?
You were talking generally 'these cases'. As I said, normally Jewish institutions are the ones that came up with the perps and atrocities committed. My point was that your opinion 'these cases are brought to rile up the Jew haters' is nonsense.
I never said what you just accused me of saying! Please be more careful about posting such garbage. I never said the cases were brought with the intention of riling up Jew haters but rather I was pointing out that they do rile up Jew haters. Not the same thing at all.

Also to add the way you falsely paraphrased my post with quotes no less blatantly served to support your total distortion of what I actually said. Not sure what kind of messed up game you're playing with such sleazy tactics but it is not ok.

If I interpreted your 'serve to rile up the Jew haters' wrongly, my apologies.
That still does not merit the venom and anger in your post here towards me though.

I am Jew, and my family was murdered in Auschwitz.

Was war, and many people in the German Army do not had other choice that obey or be killed by their superiors.

I am Jew, and I was proud of what other Jews created in Israel after 1948. Not of what are doing now, in Israel and abroad, with the support of some Western countries. Killing hundred of thousand of innocent people for power and money.

Those people, from the Israeli PM to former and present politicians in the US and BK, are FREE, wealthier than ever, and creating revolutions and wars to keep the killing going.

Those are real mass murderers, not a 91 years old lady that is just another victim of WW2.

This sentence leaves me doubting the entire post..............sorry, just my intuition.

The real irony is that there are over 300,000 survivors.

Estimates, I think, cite 200,000 survivors. But why is that ironic? More than a million were murdered there.

until 1990 there was a plaque at Auschwitz stating that 4 million people perished there

no doubt this was based on the confession by torture that the British got from one time commandant of Auschwitz Rudolph

Hoess

http://www.ihr.org/jhr/v07/v07p389_Faurisson.html

after the fall of the Soviet Union documents were uncovered that proved this number could not be upheld

so now there is a plaque that reads 1 1/2 million perished

the 6 million overall figure remains unchanged

post-155264-0-43917300-1442926225_thumb.

post-155264-0-58676700-1442927056_thumb.

Edited by HughJass

Estimates, I think, cite 200,000 survivors. But why is that ironic? More than a million were murdered there.

until 1990 there was a plaque at Auschwitz stating that 4 million people perished there

no doubt this was based on the confession by torture that the British got from one time commandant of Auschwitz Rudolph

Hoess

after the fall of the Soviet Union documents were uncovered that proved this number could not be upheld

So, what?

Keep in mind how many died of genocidal mass murders outside the death camps in forests, people locked into burnt barns, etc.

The exact numbers may not matter really as long as the odious holocaust deniers don't use questions of exact numbers to "prove" that the holocaust didn't happen at all. The historical emphasis is on Jews because Jews were Hitler's number one target and his "final solution" for the Jews did reduce the global population of an already small global minority dramatically. For another example he also went after gays but if you think about the percentage of global gays the Nazis exterminated had to be small.

Edited by Jingthing

Still so many mentally diseased Jew haters in the world and we've got our share posting on this forum. Maybe wait until the evidence is presented in this particular case before anyone passes judgment on her culpability. Again this is what the German authorities decided to do ... it's up to them.

Personally I will be happy to see the last of these cases. The really big Nazi fish either escaped completely, already tried, and/or long dead. These cases against the Nazi flotsam and jetsam seem to largely serve to rile up the Jew haters

There are even more mentally diseased Islam haters nowadays, also on this forum. I am sure you yourself know a few.

Both rank below the number of China/Chinese (and possibly Russia/Russian) haters here. Whether an article is good or bad news-related, they'll find reasons to bash.

What a bunch of ignorant racists. And I'm being kind. I can't imagine what any of you have contributed to life. If you knew anything at all about the concentration camps, you'd know that every single person who worked in them was in the SS. This woman was part of the SS-Scharführer, a technical unit. They were all volunteers. How else do you think they kept this a secret for such a long time? Getting into the SS was not easy. Only a fraction of those who applied got in. Those who did manual labor, like sweeping up, were prisoners. If you think we should forget about these atrocities because only 70 years has gone by, then you don't comprehend the magnitude of what was done. Comparing one atrocity with another as to which was more important is stupid. Tossing out inaccurate numbers and made up "facts" just shows your lack of intelligence, plus is just what the Nazis did to get their points across.

Hoess

So, what?

so what?

well i would say that because the Soviets controlled Poland where Auschwitz is located from 1945 -1990 it can be reasoned that they deliberately misled the world by claiming that 2.5 million more people {not just jews} perished at Auschwitz...bearing in mind that they had in their possession documents refuting this claim then why would they do that and what was to be gained by doing it ?... also because of the magnitude of this "error" does this mean the world may have been misled over other claims about this period in history?

Edited by HughJass

No surprise for me why this case is just now coming on the table.

This has nothing to do to incriminate a telegraph operator.

That’s more like, the Germans are upset with the politic of the Chancellor to take more than 1M of those economical immigrants.

And like they do it every time, if the German mob gets too dominate, they will bring the Nazi-shame-card to call back the past and remind the crowd to shut the f*** up and open the wallet.

If this will not work on the first place, don’t worry, they have thousands of those cases in the drawer then at this time everyone was involved in some matter to the Nazi carnage.

Chefs; Chauffeur; Maid; Footboy; Locomotive driver; Line conductor; Farmer; Milker for the morning café milk of the camp commander; just name it and you’ll find someone which was involved to Auschwitz.

The German authorities pursue Nazi war criminals. That is their decision, the same as Nazi regalia is banned in Germany and Austria.

Jewish organizations that were set up to track down war criminals never gave up and brought many to justice. Good for them.

Of course the American's and Soviet's allowed many "useful" Nazis to escape arrest and prosecution, particularly scientists.

What is really shocking is to compare this to Japan. Japanese war crimes were substantial, in China prior to and during WW11, and in every theater of operations they engaged in. Yet very few Japanese were brought to justice and the process of investigating, arresting and prosecuting Japanese war criminals stopped quickly. Japan has never apologized, accepted or admitted these crimes nor have successive governments been as interested as the Germans have.

One can ask why and come up with many answers, some of which probably reflect the hypocrisy shown be certain governments more openly these days.

What a joke

The holocaust wasn't a joke. I don't yet know exactly what this woman did back then and what evidence exists to prove it and I reckon you don't either.

No one said the Holocaust was a joke. But some have said that prosecuting this woman seems a joke. I think the point is that first the OP doesn't give any information we can discuss, and two, most people have moved on from what happened in WWII. Most of the world was not alive in WWII. Basically it looks like this woman is being prosecuted for possibly knowing what was taking place and working at the camp. Looks like she was only there a few months so how complicit she was is up to the courts to decide. But to many this seems like it might be stretching things a bit with the little information provided.

Another point someone made is that the holocaust is not the only time in history people have been slaughtered because of their faith, ethnicity, race, or political views. Everyone knows that Stalin did away with far more people than Hitler. Pol Pot caused the death of over a million in Cambodia and think about what percentage that was of the Cambodian population at the time. How much genocide has taken place in Africa in the last 3 decades? Why is the Holocaust seemingly billed as the worst thing that happened in the 20th Century. It seems to get all the attention when even more recent cases of genocide get little attention. I just think many are tired of continually hearing about something that happened 70 years ago. No one is saying forget what happened but it is indeed time to move on from it.

Blame the Jews for their own genocide. Judeophobia -- the gift that keeps on giving. To add the guy I am addressing constantly posts bizarre Jewish related conspiracy theories and has even openly said he is sometimes antisemitic when it serves his purposes.

Like I said before I am not thrilled with these cases against B and C level Nazis because it stirs up the mentally ill Jew haters.

The Jew obsessed somehow can't even consider there Might be a good case against this lady. Instead their energy is focused on blaming Jews.

I just want to know why so many people hate the Jews?

What a joke

The holocaust wasn't a joke. I don't yet know exactly what this woman did back then and what evidence exists to prove it and I reckon you don't either.

No one said the Holocaust was a joke. But some have said that prosecuting this woman seems a joke. I think the point is that first the OP doesn't give any information we can discuss, and two, most people have moved on from what happened in WWII. Most of the world was not alive in WWII. Basically it looks like this woman is being prosecuted for possibly knowing what was taking place and working at the camp. Looks like she was only there a few months so how complicit she was is up to the courts to decide. But to many this seems like it might be stretching things a bit with the little information provided.

Another point someone made is that the holocaust is not the only time in history people have been slaughtered because of their faith, ethnicity, race, or political views. Everyone knows that Stalin did away with far more people than Hitler. Pol Pot caused the death of over a million in Cambodia and think about what percentage that was of the Cambodian population at the time. How much genocide has taken place in Africa in the last 3 decades? Why is the Holocaust seemingly billed as the worst thing that happened in the 20th Century. It seems to get all the attention when even more recent cases of genocide get little attention. I just think many are tired of continually hearing about something that happened 70 years ago. No one is saying forget what happened but it is indeed time to move on from it.

Are you tired hearing about the holocaust? Bless your heart. Why not just ignore news about it when you hear it and your problem solved.

Personally, I'll always be interested in the subject. Not just the holocaust but everything about that war.

One of my prized possessions is my Dad's WW 2 dogtag with his religion indicated with an H.

Also it is not true that other genocides and potential genocides are not getting attention.

In fact, that's one of the main purposes of Holocaust Museums.

Some people wonder about the attention on the holocaust in the context of a very bloody human history. A major reason is that this was done by the most advanced modern western nation of the era, Germany, and done in a modern industrialized way. Yes dead is dead, by gas chamber or sword chop, but the industrialized methods were very significant in the history of genocides. Also the modern PROPAGANDA methods of the Nazis to racially demonize Jews and get public support for the holocaust was also historically significant. Contrary to what some people think, most Germans DID KNOW and most Germans DID approve.

http://www.ushmm.org/

http://www.ushmm.org/confront-genocide

http://www.ushmm.org/information/press/press-releases/early-warning-project-ranks-countries-at-risk-for-mass-atrocities

Edited by Jingthing

Hoess

So, what?

so what?

well i would say that because the Soviets controlled Poland where Auschwitz is located from 1945 -1990 it can be reasoned that they deliberately misled the world by claiming that 2.5 million more people {not just jews} perished at Auschwitz...bearing in mind that they had in their possession documents refuting this claim then why would they do that and what was to be gained by doing it ?... also because of the magnitude of this "error" does this mean the world may have been misled over other claims about this period in history?

Posts like yours make me understand jingthing's feelings better, thanks.

Surely there are more people who are more culpable than some young german girl working a telegraph. How about the train drivers who drove the trains?, the farmers who supplied the camps with food? A large camp like Auschwitz did not arise out of nothing and was not self sustaining, there were thousands of people directly and indirectly responsible for its ongoing operation, and these it seems to me are more culpable than this young girl who is being targeted just because she was there.

Capt. Flint, Sir.

You are completely right!

Not only Nazis of Germany are guilty.

All the Germans were on trial and condemned.

Not only in Germany were Nazis. They were in every country.

Not only they were. They are in every country now under different names.

Speaking of collaboration, - those miserable Jews in all camps, all 6 million of them came from all over Europe.

Problem is, far too many non-Germans from all over Europe were happily pointing out those same Jews to the Germans.

And believe me - this happened only in continental Europe - only because GB and USA were not occupied.

We should consider the Human species from this angle. Maybe even in a Juvenile Court?

As to this 'juvenile telegraphiste' - let's wait and see the charges.

Trial of a 91 year old in a Juvenile Court will look funny in any case.

the reason for the intended prosecution of this old lady and the recent conviction of 93 year old Oscar Groning have nothing to do with locking up people who are approaching the end of their lives and seeing justice done after 70 years....no......Mr Groning who was sentenced to 4 years detention will never serve a day of the sentence because it would be bad for PR

this is all about keeping the holocaust in the public eye

the reasons being

billions in reparations and pensions are paid to jews and Israel each year by the German taxpayer

The US. taxpayer gives Israel 3 billion dollars a year

it garners sympathy with the believers who are the vast majority

it is a scientific fact that people who we feel sorry for are treated much more leniently
it is used as a shield to deflect criticism from Israels actions

Edited by HughJass

A 91 year old to be tried in juvenile court?

I was alive at that time, and I will never forget or forgive ALL germans for their butchery! not to mention their complete lack of human decency they were all devils and got what they deserved on both wars which they started! there are no innocent germans! they are ALL responsible for the actions of that pervert hitler! when my brother entered germany with the U.S. Army he said that he could not find one nazi! it seems they all dissappeared! not one german admitted to being a nazi so he treated them all the same! a swift boot in the ass if they did not obey the soldiers!

even today i find the germans hateful people and avoid them like the plague!

I am sorry you feel that way. Your observations are definitely correct, in the end nobody wanted to take responsibility. But not everyone was responsible.

My grandparents, who lived close to Buchenwald, were put on trucks and driven bei the Americans to the Camp to see the atrocities. They had no idea about how bad things went. BTW they were Communists....

Anyway, time has changed. They majority of German people are actually quite decent folks. That is not to say that there are no hateful Germans. There are plenty hateful Americans, Israelis etc.

Give people a chance.