Passport Pages

i have a break from work in China for the upcoming holiday and was thnking about heading to Thailand to visit the family. Unfortunately, my passport is getting a new resident visa stamp entered on my last blank passport page. Due to the timing, the US consulate will be closed and I'll be unable to get extra pages inserted into the said passport. And so this leaves me with one page that has one small stamp on it. There's room for 5 more small stamps (visa exempt) on this page. Once in Thailand, I can head to the embassy and get more pages. Will I be able to do this or will they give me considerable grief at DMK. I doubt that I'll have trouble leaving China. Thanks for any input.

Not sure about leaving China.

But on arrival here as long as they have a place for them to to do the entry stamp you will not have a problem.

You will need to make an appointment before you go to the embassy for the pages. Info here about getting the pages and making an appointment. http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/add_extra_visa_pages_us_passport.html

Just for your information, I received an email from the US Embassy Bangkok Sept 1st, 2015 it said:

The Department of State will discontinue the consular service of adding additional visa pages to U.S. passports beginning January 1, 2016. The determination to eliminate the visa page insert service was made to enhance the security of the passport and to abide by international passport standards.

As of October 2014, 52-page passport books are being issued at no extra cost to all applicants applying at overseas posts. This policy aims to lessen the burden that may be placed on frequent travelers who need more pages and those customers who may need to update residence permits or foreign entry/exit visas to comply with foreign country immigration practices.

Edited by BobTH