Suvarnabhumi To Surawongse Road

Pooh.ca

I am visiting Bangkok for the first time at the end on October and staying at the Montien Hotel and I have a few questions about transportation from/to the airport.

1/ Our flight arrives at 1150pm and we intend on getting a taxi to our hotel. How easy is it to get a taxi on arrival? How much should it cost (I want to use the Tollway to get there quicker)? Most importantly how long will it take to get there at that time of the night?

2/ Our flight leaves at 1000am on a Friday morning. I have heard traffic in Bangkok is horrendous most of the time. We need to be at the airport by 0830am so what time should I be looking at leaving the hotel? I have a connecting flight from HKG so I definitely cannot miss the flight from Bangkok?

I am really looking forward to visiting Bangkok.

Kop Khun kha :o

Leave at 7.15 and you would make it on time.

The traffic should not affect you, as it will be in opposite direction "coming in" the city.

I have done it before in 45 minutes, from Rama IV, going via the Bangna-Trat express way.

Should cost you 300-350 THB.

• 3 weeks later...
Can anyone give me any updates on this?

Taxi at that hour (1230am or so after you get bags etc.) to Montien Hotel should be no longer than 30 minutes to 45 minutes.

Coming back, if you left at 715am you would have no trouble making it to the airport by 830, that allows an hour and 15 minutes for a ride that should be a maximum of 45 minutes.

You can also check with the hotel and see what they have been experiencing with their guests.

Dan