Electricity Bill

Robroona

Why not arrange direct debit payment from a local bank account (although perhaps too late it this is immediate travel). Have been paying this way for decades and no extra charges/work/or any mistakes.

Is there a neighbor that can take care of it - or a maid? Do not believe electric remains long if not paid - but have never faced that so not sure of day count.

But they might be willing to put money into your account and use that for payment if you contact them.

Yes, someone once told me that you can pre-pay if you go to the PEA. Dont know how true that is though, or if it still applies.

I also pay mine by direct debit which saves a great deal of hassle. Re-connecting a meter after it is cut off is both slow and expensive.

Just go to a PEA office and prepay an amount if you don't want to do the direct debit or let a neighbor pay handle the bill while you are gone.

Actually I've always had neighbours pay it before, but I've moved pretty remote. No one around really. I'll go to PEA and try to pre pay but the office in Banglamung is a nightmare. I reckon I would be about a week or 10 days late in paying, do you think I would be disconnected for that?

Why not arrange direct debit payment from a local bank account (although perhaps too late it this is immediate travel). Have been paying this way for decades and no extra charges/work/or any mistakes.

Is there a neighbor that can take care of it - or a maid? Do not believe electric remains long if not paid - but have never faced that so not sure of day count.

But they might be willing to put money into your account and use that for payment if you contact them.

I tried to set that up about a year ago. Spent a whole morning at PEA Banglamung and half the afternoon. Took a Thai speaker with me, eventually gave up. Beaurocracy gone mad.

The problem, as I understand it, was because my house Tabian Baan(company name) did not correspond with the previous owner's Thai wife's name and they wanted copies of her ID card and all sorts. I had no idea how to find her so we just left it

Prepay is not possible.

At least they would not do it for me at Soi Chaiyapruek 2 just a couple of months ago.

We were planning on going away for about a month this summer and I went to pay my current bill at the PEA on Soi Chaiyapruek 2.

Talked with the cashier there and told her I wanted to pay some extra money to cover the next bill. She told me the only option would be to set up prepay with a bank.

I told her that takes a few months and I’m leaving in a few weeks, however there was no way of paying extra to put it on my account.

Maybe I should have asked for the manager, but the cashier seemed to know what she was talking about.

Due to some other issues we had to delay our trip a bit, so in the end we just paid one bill and were back again a day before the next electric bill was due.

My other options would have been to ask a friend to come by and pick up the bill or ask my pool man to take care of it for me.

Didn’t have any neighbors home at the time that I’d have trusted with doing it for me…

I went to the PEA office today in Banglamung/Naklua.

I explained that I was going away and wanted to pre pay.

The nice young lady took me upstairs where I was asked about my dates.

The officers informed me that a supply interruption will not happen till after 12 days overdue.

So, they counted out my days on a calendar and told me I was ok for 3 days after I get back.

Very helpful people in that office

Just go to a PEA office and prepay an amount if you don't want to do the direct debit or let a neighbor pay handle the bill while you are gone.

Actually I've always had neighbours pay it before, but I've moved pretty remote. No one around really. I'll go to PEA and try to pre pay but the office in Banglamung is a nightmare. I reckon I would be about a week or 10 days late in paying, do you think I would be disconnected for that?

my electricity bill states (in English) "Due Date" which is 10 days after the meter was read. but in my case it could last nowadays 5-6 days till i receive the bill. till last year my meter was read, a printout made which was put in my letterbox.

Set up an on line payment through your bank. Enter ref1 number and ref 2 numbers off your last bill. Submit a payment that will cover your average monthly bill, you don't need to set up auto pay or auto debit for future date. Just send them 5k print your on line payment receipt. About a week later you should receive a receipt in the mail from the electric company. When you get the receipt you know your account has been credited. Don't worry I have been paying my electric , cable, internet and two phone lines like this for years. I always have a credit balance of at least a month plus. Never had a provlem. I travel regularly and then sometimes I have to fly out at the last minute so I'm always covered. You can even make estimated payments while abroad but be sure to put your Thai SIM chip back in your phone in case they test you a one time passcode to confirm it's really you paying the bill. Don't try to over pay at 7/11 or bank counter, it confuses them. Just do it online.

Set up an on line payment through your bank. Enter ref1 number and ref 2 numbers off your last bill. Submit a payment that will cover your average monthly bill, you don't need to set up auto pay or auto debit for future date. Just send them 5k print your on line payment receipt. About a week later you should receive a receipt in the mail from the electric company. When you get the receipt you know your account has been credited. Don't worry I have been paying my electric , cable, internet and two phone lines like this for years. I always have a credit balance of at least a month plus. Never had a provlem. I travel regularly and then sometimes I have to fly out at the last minute so I'm always covered. You can even make estimated payments while abroad but be sure to put your Thai SIM chip back in your phone in case they test you a one time passcode to confirm it's really you paying the bill. Don't try to over pay at 7/11 or bank counter, it confuses them. Just do it online.

Tried this quite some years ago when I set up TOT as a payee. However PEA was not listed as a payee with Bangkok Bank.
Reading your post today, I thought I’d give it a shot again, well PEA is still not listed, only MEA.
There’s a way around this, but you’d have to be able to read Thai or have someone help you out.
As you first need to register online with PEA, and this site is in Thai only.
After registering, PEA then links your account to Bualuang ibanking.
Other banks might be easier…

I tried to set that up about a year ago. Spent a whole morning at PEA Banglamung and half the afternoon. Took a Thai speaker with me, eventually gave up. Beaurocracy gone mad.

The problem, as I understand it, was because my house Tabian Baan(company name) did not correspond with the previous owner's Thai wife's name and they wanted copies of her ID card and all sorts. I had no idea how to find her so we just left it

My electricity is still in the name of the last ownere.I went to the company and asked if I could still pay from my bank account.

No problem.The bill is sent to my name at my address although still in the name of the previous owner [11 years]