Thai Supreme Administrative Court president sacked

webfact

Supreme Administrative Court president now sacked

198-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Administrative Court Commission yesterday reached an unanimous decision to sack the president of the Supreme Administrative Court from office over his request to the national police chief to promote a police lieutenant colonel to a position of police superintendent.

The officer was said to be a deputy police superintendent of Hua Mark police station and is a close friend of his nephew.

Sacked by a 6-0 decision of the commission is Mr Hasawuthi Withiwiriyakul.

However he is allowed by law to petition the decision within three months.

He was earlier suspended from duties last year after he was found guilty of having written a short a message to the commissioner of the Royal Thai Police Pol Gen Adul Sangsingkaew in 2013 seeking his support for the promotion.

A probe committee was then appointed to investigate the allegation with a conclusion that the allegation was real and he had knowledge in the promotion request although it would be managed by his secretary.

He also was accused in three other cases involving mal practices which were later found to have grounds.

In yesterday’s meeting, the commission reasoned that although it remained unclear that Mr Hasawuthi had designated his secretary Direkrit Janklongtham to convey two messages to the police commissioner, it was clear from testimonies that he had knowledge of the requests.

The 7-member commission then voted 6-0 to sack him from office, retroactive from the date when the commission had earlier suspended him from duties last year.

One member did not attend as he is on an official trip abroad.

But he retains the right to receive pensions and the right to petition the decision within three months.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/supreme-administrative-court-president-now-sacked

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-09-24

The Thai system certainly makes a mockery of 3 strikes and your out enforcement /practice. Take away a title but dont punshish wrongdoing by forfiture of pension, perks, etc. It would not surprise me thaqt their pay continues and they may be drawing salary from 2 or more different departments at the same time.

Some religions promise virgins, others a utopia forever, and which one promises a position with the Thai civi sevice/ politics?

Sacked for one recommendation message? Hmmm..... There must be another hidden reason behind this story.

Try reading the whole OP post.

quote "He was earlier suspended from duties last year after he was found guilty of having written a short a message to the commissioner of the Royal Thai Police Pol Gen Adul Sangsingkaew in 2013 seeking his support for the promotion.

A probe committee was then appointed to investigate the allegation with a conclusion that the allegation was real and he had knowledge in the promotion request although it would be managed by his secretary.

He also was accused in three other cases involving malpractices which were later found to have grounds."

The Thai system certainly makes a mockery of 3 strikes and your out enforcement /practice. Take away a title but dont punshish wrongdoing by forfiture of pension, perks, etc. It would not surprise me thaqt their pay continues and they may be drawing salary from 2 or more different departments at the same time.

Some religions promise virgins, others a utopia forever, and which one promises a position with the Thai civi sevice/ politics?

You didn't notice that he has been sacked? That sort of makes a mockery of your post suggesting that he had "a little" taken away.

Why not transfer him as with everyone else ... gigglem.gif Did someone have a personal grudge with him ? and of course he keep his pension facepalm.gif

BTW I didnt know nepotism was against any law in Thailand blink.png

Of course he keeps his pension entitlement but only up to the day he was sacked. He can't have that taken away from him as he was contributing to it from his wages. Would you expect him to have to repay his salary also?

You didn't notice that he has been sacked? That sort of makes a mockery of your post suggesting that he had "a little" taken away.

ok all knowing one, I was not referring to this individual loosing his title, that was in reference to Taksins title. strippped. YES I noticed he was finally sacked. Did you notice he still will get pension. Apparently you enjoy critizing posts even if you dont understand what was meant or referred to. Sorry to upset your day....

I don't know this guy personnaly but what I know is that the Supreme Administrative Court is the best and most fair court in the country.

Perhaps this is so, I have no knowledge one way or the other.

However, I would like to see this guy checked for "unusual wealth". I'll venture a guess that he is not sqweeky clean. coffee1.gif

Sacked for one recommendation message? Hmmm..... There must be another hidden reason behind this story.

Try reading the whole OP post.

quote "He was earlier suspended from duties last year after he was found guilty of having written a short a message to the commissioner of the Royal Thai Police Pol Gen Adul Sangsingkaew in 2013 seeking his support for the promotion.

He also was accused in three other cases involving malpractices which were later found to have grounds."

What I mean is that this type of recommendations happen very frequently and not only in Thailand. Why was he particularly spotted? Additionally when you make a recommendation, you make it to people you know and are not likely to denounce you. I was not thinking of political matter ( I doubt he was on the red side), rather something such a rival faction has become more powerfull, his decision displeased someone more influencial, or someone else wanted his job.

When it comes to the new chief of police, all you read about is, X is very close to Prawit, Y is known to be very close to Prayut, Z is married to X.... Prawit is pushing for X etc etc.

I presume this kind of influence is okay, his error it seems was putting it on paper!

On the face of it, this is great. A good message to all officials to not use your position to influence nepotistic actions.

I don't really care if there is a back-story.

Only the army is allowed to influence nepotism ........