Being away from my home district during the 90 reporting window

I plan to do some traveling that may come during the time that I'm suppose to do my 90 day reporting.

I report to Chiang Mai but will be elsewhere in Thailand. I can't do online reporting due to the fact that I've been in country since before 2013 - I'm not in their database so online reporting is not an option. I'd probably just mail in my 90 day like usual via EMS both way and track it. My guess is that would work;

But! If for some reason the mail-in did not work and I had to physically report to Immigration while traveling outside of the Chiang Mai Immigration district, what options would I have?

Edited by connda

You will need to do your report before starting your trip or do it by mail. You can do your report in person up to 15 days early.

You will not be able to do it at another office.

Really you can't travel and report where you are traveling at the time? I thought the 90 days was to state where you are, so if example he is in Pattaya, the immigration won't let him sign he is staying in Pattaya? Sounds wrong to me, but.............

• Like 1

You will need to do your report before starting your trip or do it by mail. You can do your report in person up to 15 days early.

Really you can't travel and report where you are traveling at the time? I thought the 90 days was to state where you are, so if example he is in Pattaya, the immigration won't let him sign he is staying in Pattaya? Sounds wrong to me, but.............

Since January of this year you must report at the office where you got your extension unless you formally change your address to to a new office.

They apparently have done this so that the 90 day reporting records are maintained at your home office. Perhaps it was done to prepare for online reporting.

It is a report of staying longer than 90 days in the country not an address report.

• Like 1

Since January of this year you must report at the office where you got your extension unless you formally change your address to to a new office.

They apparently have done this so that the 90 day reporting records are maintained at your home office. Perhaps it was done to prepare for online reporting.

It is a report of staying longer than 90 days in the country not an address report.

As always, thanks for the info. Makes sense.

Mail in registered mail up to 14 days before due date.

That's the 'official' rules, but in reality if your mail shows up prior to you due date they will generally process the report. This is confirmed by a number of TV members who have successfully done it after the 14 day cutoff. But with that said, yeah, I personally mail it out in the 'official' timeline.

Hey.

I being in Thailand since 2011, and i have done online report.

Have you try it ?

I'll give it a shot this time around and see what shakes. If I don't get a confirmation within 1 week, or if I get one of the error messages, I'll mail it out. Nothing to lose other than maybe having to show up in person, which nowadays in Chiang Mai is a total pain in the arse. I have better things to do other than stand in queue lines and then wait around after driving to Chiang Mai from the boondocks of outer Lamphun province. But, if online works.......

• Like 1

Thanks.

I have never tried online reporting, but if away at the time of a report being due, does the online form ask where you are? Or do you state your registered address?

State your registered address as reported when doing extensions.

Thanks,

I have read of problems with online reporting, if for example i was away and tried, but failed to do online, what options?

I am asking because my 90 is due mid Dec and i will be touring, hopefully i will have rode into Malaysia before then but if not, would the local immigration help with online posting?

Thanks,

I have read of problems with online reporting, if for example i was away and tried, but failed to do online, what options?

I am asking because my 90 is due mid Dec and i will be touring, hopefully i will have rode into Malaysia before then but if not, would the local immigration help with online posting?

I don't think a local office where you were at then would be of any help.

You best option is be prepared to do a mail in report if you cannot do it online. You can do the online report 15 days early if it failed you would still have time to do it by mail (send by EMS).

Thanks,

You best option is be prepared to do a mail in report if you cannot do it online. You can do the online report 15 days early if it failed you would still have time to do it by mail (send by EMS).

I used to use EMS and registered return before online reporting became available.

Two other options are;

1. Have a friend do the report in person on your behalf.

2. Have a friend mail it for you.

Immigration have an address registered for you which is considered your permanent address. If you go travelling/holiday you don't need to inform immigration of anything. The only time they need to know is if you permanently move. So the address that goes on the 90 day report is your permanent/registered address. If he used a CM address when reporting in Pattaya it would be rejected unless he formerly changed to an address to Pattaya.

The 90 day report re-confirms your permanent/registered address.

As usual,its up to the office your in at any given moment.If you do it online how would they know where you are.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey.

I being in Thailand since 2011, and i have done online report.

Have you try it ?

I gave it a try and it bombed out after submitting the first page. Mailed it via EMS two days later. Got it back in four days. Now stapled in my passport. lol

90 Day Reporting by EMS mail in my friend.

Thanks,

I used to use EMS and registered return before online reporting became available.

Two other options are;

1. Have a friend do the report in person on your behalf.

2. Have a friend mail it for you.

1. If I went traveling I'd need my passport on my person.

2. I can mail it myself from wherever I'm at via EMS both ways. If I don't see my SASE heading back via EMS prior to my expiration, then I know I need to come back home.

• 1 year later...

Any update on this?

My report is due in 10 days, I have been out of my home province on holiday since June 29th and won't be back until August 3rd. I don't even know whether a mail in report is accepted by my home province Lamphun, will have to call them.

1 hour ago, naboo said:

Any update on this?

My report is due in 10 days, I have been out of my home province on holiday since June 29th and won't be back until August 3rd. I don't even know whether a mail in report is accepted by my home province Lamphun, will have to call them.

No change.

You still have time to do a mailed in report. Best to check with your office but I think they may accept them. 

• Like 1