Bangkok blast: Suspect 'confesses' he planted Erawan shrine bomb

webfact

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am and the Thai people are grateful to the police that they caught this guy early or it would have been worse as the police said there were enough to build 10 bombs. I feel disgusted by these farangs hungry for more innocent deaths by saying he is not the bomber when CCTV clearly show it is him including cell phone records.

"early". So if I show up at an aerodrome a week late, I'm "early"? Pray supply us your definition of "early" as it does not match any known to the English language.

Can't take it can you Thai bashers that the police did a great job better than any of the west can do actually

It is clear that you have never been or followed the news anywhere west.

Yeah I follow they are only good at shooting innocent people

I am and the Thai people are grateful to the police that they caught this guy early or it would have been worse as the police said there were enough to build 10 bombs. I feel disgusted by these farangs hungry for more innocent deaths by saying he is not the bomber when CCTV clearly show it is him including cell phone records.

Boy are you ever gullible. Must be Thai.

Personally reading some of the idiotic posts on here I would put him down as one of the more sensible posters on Thaivisa.

It is blatantly obvious, in this case, the Thai Police have made absolutely sure they have got the right man before announcing it.

They have done a great job and we should give credit where credit is due.

You're "Must be Thai Comment" belongs on a plane back to your own country

This has to be the most naive and facile post on the whole thread?

This kind of comment shows how Thailand has allowed a culture of poor training, incompetence and corruption to develop within the police which renders them almost incapable of dealing with events like this in a way that doesn't result in them being showered with criticism and looking ridiculous in the eyes of the world.

Edited by cumgranosalum

Personally reading some of the idiotic posts on here I would put him down as one of the more sensible posters on Thaivisa.

It is blatantly obvious, in this case, the Thai Police have made absolutely sure they have got the right man before announcing it.

Thanks Tanlic I really don't know how they can make fun over dead innocent people

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif you just said all you needed to

You must be thai! Brainwashed and no imagination whatsoever. And why does not believing he is guilty before he has been to a court of justice make anyone hungry for more death? There is strange notion we have in the west called innocent until proven guilty. I know you like to make these judgements before a court case because you know you are right.

I see you are the ones who want more blood next time I hope it i you an your family

I think the quoted poster is gradually digging a hole for him/herselfherself.

The fact that they fail to see how appalling their comments areare, merely underlines the vacuousness of their their thoughts on this topic.

Karadag confesses to be Erawan Shrine bomber

Meanwhile Royal Thai Police commissioner Pol Gen Somyot Poompanmuong confirmed Karadag is not a scapegoat, but evidence collected so far pointed to him.

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2015-09-25

We promise he's not a scapegoat! I didn't know those accusations were widespread yet. This would, of course, be the first thing I would say if someone were a scapegoat.

I don't know... I find this almost 'cute' 'sweet' 'innocent' ;; like 'this is the World watching, we won't use a scapegoat on this one' [a Royal, no less Police Force, announcing... they will not be using a scapegoat in this case.] Is it not hilarious they actually announced this?

Karadag confesses to be Erawan Shrine bomber

Meanwhile Royal Thai Police commissioner Pol Gen Somyot Poompanmuong confirmed Karadag is not a scapegoat, but evidence collected so far pointed to him.

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2015-09-25

We promise he's not a scapegoat! I didn't know those accusations were widespread yet. This would, of course, be the first thing I would say if someone were a scapegoat.

I don't know... I find this almost 'cute' 'sweet' 'innocent' ;; like 'this is the World watching, we won't use a scapegoat on this one' [a Royal, no less Police Force, announcing... they will not be using a scapegoat in this case.] Is it not hilarious they actually announced this?

It is not hilarious at all. It is standard operating procedure in Thailand to use powerless scapegoats every time a crime is committed by untouchables. It is a very sad situation. Meanwhile our PM is abroad giving speeches about the importance of justice. Now that is hilarious.

At a time when we are hearing that there is no place for corruption in Thailand`s government anymore, I do hope this suspect hasn`t been tortured into a BS confession. I can`t see the likeness at all. Maybe if CCTV images were better, we might agree.

And what with the Burmese two that were fitted up as well, these will forever be infamous reminders of your `no place for corruption` tenure dear PM.

We shall see.

This crime is getting difficult for me to follow. The police lie so much,change their story regularly etc. i have a hard time grasping anything I feel is real or believable. I find it a complete waste of time to make sense of the investigation or arrests. Will wait till the courts are finished with the scapegoats and forget about the whole thing like a thai would.

This crime is getting difficult for me to follow. The police lie so much,change their story regularly etc. i have a hard time grasping anything I feel is real or believable. I find it a complete waste of time to make sense of the investigation or arrests. Will wait till the courts are finished with the scapegoats and forget about the whole thing like a thai would.

Clowns in brown.

"... real and believable?", Somyot to retire at the end of the month. Let's hope Chakthip can at least start out telling the truth in his new role.

Ho do you know they are `absolutely sure`?

Have you seen any real likeness from the CCTV footage to the man in question? If so, please provide for me to have a look at cos like many, I`m not so sure.

People`s skepticism and cynicism aren`t born out of nothing you know. The BIB have a huge catalog of f*** ups. You do know that right?

I would suggest you remove those rose-tinted, heart-shaped glasses whilst walking around your `new country`.

Thai police claim first suspect they arrested is Bangkok shrine bomber

BANGKOK: -- Authorities say the man identified as Adem Karadag was seen on CCTV, despite earlier saying it was unlikely either of the two men detained were the bomber

Thai police on Saturday said a foreigner held in custody over last month’s deadly Bangkok attack was the same yellow-shirted man seen on CCTV placing a rucksack at the shrine moments before the blast.

Authorities have earlier said it was unlikely that either of the two men detained over the 17 August blast, which left 20 dead, were the bomber in what has been an often confusing and contradictory police investigation.

On Saturday national police spokesman Prawut Thavornsiri said the investigators now claimed the first arrested suspect, a man police identified as Adem Karadag whose nationality remains unconfirmed, was the bomber.

Prawut alleged he placed the bomb at the shrine then called a motorbike taxi and changed his shirt at a restroom in nearby Lumpini Park.

Karadag’s lawyer – who says his client’s real name is Bilal Mohammed – could not immediately be reached for comment but earlier this week had cast doubt on rumours of his confession to the crime and has said his client was not in the country at the time of the attack.

The suspect now faces up to eight charges including premeditated murder, Prawut said.

Karadag is due to undergo a reenactment of his alleged role in the crime – a standard Thai police procedure – starting at the shrine.

Read More: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/26/thai-police-claim-first-suspect-they-arrested-is-bangkok-shrine-bomber

--TheGuardian 2015-09-26

OK 8 murders like Mercedes man will = what? 16 years max.............no I didnt think so

Im surprised the Chief dint just say Thai People, country, culture, language, Police, judiciary and everything.......................are the best in the world, pretty sure he like many others will have had this drummed into them from birth.

Its all rather sad

Edited by kannot

"For me, Thai police are the best in the world"

Yet again a high ranking official helps the international perception of the RTP to go down as the investigation descends into the customary farce....

This high ranking official is set to retire in three days. Must have this case done and dusted by then. His ego couldn't stand any other result being credited to his successor.

I expect they are even more grateful to the Thai immigration who let them in............whats happening there then? are they arresting the officers involved?

That's sort of my feelings too about the judicial system here. They don't necessarily need the actual perpetrator to prosecute, they just need someone convenient to prosecute.

That's sort of my feelings too about the judicial system here. They don't necessarily need the actual perpetrator to prosecute, they just need someone convenient to prosecute.

Not just someone convenient, but someone to who the charges will stick. It's taken them a while but they have now realised Karadag cannot prove he didn't plant the bomb, ergo he is the bomber.