New Airport To Pattaya

Tolley

Got the taxi 2 days ago from directly outside the terminal doors (not the transportation centre) they

wanted 1500 but took 1300 baht inc tolls........90 min run.

Hi all,

I am a new member. Will be visiting Pattaya in October.

Anyone know if there is an express coach service from the new airport to pattaya?

Got the taxi 2 days ago from directly outside the terminal doors (not the transportation centre) they

Hi all,

Anyone know if there is an express coach service from the new airport to pattaya?

Get a Taxi, it will be less chaotic.

:o

Hi all,

Unless your on a tight budget that would be my advice as well.

There is a bus runs from the transportation centre to Pattaya #369 .........problem is you have to get a shuttle bus from the terminal to the transportation centre some 3km's away.

1300 baht is the same as Don Muang.

Go to the departure area, wait for a metered newer cab dropping off farangs and offer 800 baht and you pay the tolls. I bet within 1 or 2 cabs you'll get a bite. Total should be about 1000. Or try the domestic terminal, always lower.

Or, take the bus to Sukumvhit, enjoy the beer garden pleasures, take a tuk-tuk to Ekamai and ride the coach to Pattaya.

But really, why quibble about 5 dollars. When I hit LOS, I'm on the clock. I would pay 2000 baht and have to get quickly where I want to go.

The biggest benefit will be easily hitting the entertainment area before closing when you fly in close to 12 midnite.

BJ

I'm trying to gather the facts together here. Is this thread thereby confirming that the nearest bus is NOT outside the terminal but in fact 3 kms away?! :o

Correct........when you exit the terminal building on level 1 there are shuttle buses (free) which transport you from there to the transportation centre 3 km's away these buses do a continous loop........at the transportation centre you have a choice of a bus to whereever your heading or a taxi.

Alternatively there is a taxi stand directly outside the terminal building with a stand where a guy hands out the various rides to the drivers (same as DM before)........the taxi's did appear all to be of the green/yellow variety.

Reason i got the taxi outside the terminal was i arrived on the 26th and since the opening wasn't until the 28th i didnt want to risk hanging round firstly for the shuttle bus and secondly incase the buses from the transportation centre weren't up and running.

Edited by thaiflyer1

I asked at the main Pattaya Bus staion about their service to the new airport. There was nothing in writing, but the woman said there would be 4 buses a day at 6.00; 9.00; 13.00 & 17.00. Cost B250.

I travel to the airport monthly & had there been an hourly service it would have been of interest, but this schedule means taxis for me.

Hi all,

Unless your on a tight budget that would be my advice as well.

There is a bus runs from the transportation centre to Pattaya #369 .........problem is you have to get a shuttle bus from the terminal to the transportation centre some 3km's away.

Last time I hired a taxi from BK to Pattaya, the driver was doing 140K's along the expressway telling me "toyota number one". Then when we arrived at the outskirts of Pattaya he unfastened my seatbelt saying "Pattaya now, no need" !

Safety First, Hey

I asked at the main Pattaya Bus staion about their service to the new airport. There was nothing in writing, but the woman said there would be 4 buses a day at 6.00; 9.00; 13.00 & 17.00. Cost B250.

I travel to the airport monthly & had there been an hourly service it would have been of interest, but this schedule means taxis for me.

Are we talking about Bell Travel?

If so, yes they offer a good service for 250 baht providing it fits in with your flight schedule or you are prepared to wait at the airport to check in..............they also do the reverse run but ive no idea where the office is at the new airport or the pick up point.

Are we talking about Bell Travel?

If so, yes they offer a good service for 250 baht providing it fits in with your flight schedule or you are prepared to wait at the airport to check in..............they also do the reverse run but ive no idea where the office is at the new airport or the pick up point.

I think a different one, I went to the main air-con Bus Terminal to Bangkok - Ekkamai & Morchit - located at the bottom of North Pattaya Road. No idea whether it is a mini-bus or normal bus.

Edited by Harry2

I think a different one, I went to the main air-con Bus Terminal to Bangkok - Ekkamai & Morchit - located at the bottom of North Pattaya Road. No idea whether it is a mini-bus or normal bus.

Same place...........if you enter the station the office is at the bottom of the road on the right, it has a sign up saying airport bus.

Its a normal full size blue and white bus that they use ..........presumably they hire them off the main company.

Further thing about Bell Travel is they will pick you up from your hotel or wherever in a minibus and drop you off at the North road office if you have no transport.

Used to be only the 6am bus went direct to the airport the later services stopped in Bang-Na to pick up Bangkok passengers heading to DM so they always quoted the later trips at 3 hours...............not sure if they still collect at Bang-Na for the new airport or not though.

Further thing about Bell Travel is they will pick you up from your hotel or wherever in a minibus and drop you off at the North road office if you have no transport.
Thanks for that little tidbit! Do you have their phone number to call to arrange a home pick-up? Are they good with English on the phone? The one time I stopped by their office on Pattaya Nua, English was minimal and it was "pantomime and draw pictures." :o

Thanks for that little tidbit! Do you have their phone number to call to arrange a home pick-up? Are they good with English on the phone? The one time I stopped by their office on Pattaya Nua, English was minimal and it was "pantomime and draw pictures." :o

Sorry i've thrown my ticket away............google search shows there number as 038-370055/6. I have always gone up to the office a few days in advance to buy my ticket so i dont know if you will be able to call for a home pickup and then pay once you get to the station.

My advice would be go up first book your ticket and explain by diagram where you want picking up from.

Are friends and family able to park up at the airport and pick up arrivals?

I have not seen this mentioned. Anyone know?

Level 3 is the meeting and greeting level there are 2 car park buildings across the road from this level joining the main building via a walkway.

I'm trying to gather the facts together here. Is this thread thereby confirming that the nearest bus is NOT outside the terminal but in fact 3 kms away?! :o

I stopped by the airport 2 days before it opened. There is an "Express Bus" that is similar to the old Airport Bus that makes runs into town, the price for that bus is now 150 baht vs. the old 100 baht Airport Bus price. The Express Bus is supposed to pick up directly from the terminal.

The shuttle bus takes around 5 to 8 minutes to reach the Transportation Center from the terminal. At the terminal I thought they needed a few more signs to make taking the shuttle, getting a taxi or finding the Express Bus stop a little easier to locate.

At the Transportation Center there are busses to many areas such as Nongkhai, Chantaburi, Rayong, Nakhon Ratchasima and other places. When I spoke to the lady at the Pattaya window she said that, at present, there will be 2 busses to Pattaya each day. One bus would leave at 0900 and one at 1500 and the price for this bus would be 106 baht. I expect that this bus would be like the bus that leaves Ekamai. I grabbed a bus schedule that shows other times that may be available in the future, but nothing on the schedule is for late runs near midnight. The schedule also showed a bus run time of 1.36 hrs. @ 127 km for 106 baht.

The city bus that I used to go to and from the On Nut Skytrain stop took 45 minutes getting to the airport and just over an hour for the return run to On Nut (Lotus Tesco stop) around 6 PM. The price of this bus (#552) was 35 baht.

AL

I have seen twice over the past few days a super looking yellow coach, brand new I think marked Pattaya-Savannaboomi at its stating point at the junction of Soi Chaiyapruek and Jomtien beach Road.

This is just round the corner from Yorkies and the same place as the blue/orange Jomtien/Bangkok buses depart from.

A friend told me they have 4 times a day schedule but no other details,

Next time I see one I'll stop and enquire then post.

I have seen twice over the past few days a super looking yellow coach, brand new I think marked Pattaya-Savannaboomi at its stating point at the junction of Soi Chaiyapruek and Jomtien beach Road.

This is just round the corner from Yorkies and the same place as the blue/orange Jomtien/Bangkok buses depart from.

This is very interesting, please get back with information soon.

They run three times a day, 100 baht fare. So I am informed by one of the drivers :o

Edited by Rimmer

They run three times a day, 100 baht fare. So I am informed by one of the drivers :o

Does anyone know what time those three departures are? Does it pick up passengers anyplace other than the origination at Soi Chaiyapruek & Jomtien Beach Road?

They run three times a day, 100 baht fare. So I am informed by one of the drivers :D

Looks very intresting to me. I´m going to live at Welcome Jomtien Beach Hotel in December. That is only about five minutes walk to the buss terminal in Jomtien Beach. Very convenient. :o

Edited by fritte

am

They run three times a day, 100 baht fare. So I am informed by one of the drivers :D

Looks very intresting to me. I´m going to live at Welcome Jomtien Beach Hotel in December. That is only about five minutes walk to the buss terminal in Jomtien Beach. Very convenient. :o

Nine am. One pm, and 5 pm. I think you buy the ticket on the bus as there is no office anywhere.

am

Nine am. One pm, and 5 pm. I think you buy the ticket on the bus as there is no office anywhere.

Thanks a lot Rimmer! :D