Police Clearance for Non OA from London

Can anyone confirm whether the required police clearance certificate absolutely must be applied for through the link on the London Embassy web page?

I already have an in date certificate from another agency (Basic Disclosure Scotland) which I am required to get for my job.

Edited by graym

A "basic" disclosure would not be sufficient for a teaching job in the UK .

I have no idea as to whether it will be acceptable in Thailand.

Yes I am aware of that but I am not looking for a teaching job in the UK or Thailand, I am applying for a Non OA visa for which the police clearance is a requirement...

Go to your local Police Station and explain what you want, they should give you a request form to fill in and they will send off to Scotland Yard who will reply to you direct.

Yes, thanks for that but my issue is not how to get the clearance but whether or not I must use the link given on the embassy page. I am asking in case anyone has recent experience of this.

A "basic" disclosure would not be sufficient for teaching in uk

I have no idea as to whether it will be acceptable in Thailand.

LOL just wondered where the teaching bit came from another thread maybe. Edited by Sutty

I originally inquired about a Non Imm O-A Visa at London, being single and no Thai wife or Family.

They asked the purpose of my application and I replied I intended to relocate to live in Thailand.

I also had a current full disclosure due to my job, but it wasn't required.

They advised I could get a single entry Non Imm O Visa from my local Consulate.....Liverpool.

Sure enough I did........but you don't find that information on their website!

Passport and bank statement were the only 2 documents requested.

Depends on the reason for your visit to Thailand and if your planning to relocate.

I'm now on my second extension of stay based on retirement.

Edited by Faz

Go to your local Police Station and explain what you want, they should give you a request form to fill in and they will send off to Scotland Yard who will reply to you direct.

Yes, thanks for that but my issue is not how to get the clearance but whether or not I must use the link given on the embassy page. I am asking in case anyone has recent experience of this.

I didnt. I did what i explained to you, so cannot comment, you can use the medical cert link and dont forget you have to apply in London in person for the OA and all documents require a notary before acceptance.

http://thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/51

Edited by Expattaff1308
  • Like 1

OP - what you need is the Scottish equivalent of the subject access disclosure report which, in the case of an OA visa applicant living in England, Wales or Northern Ireland, is obtainable from their local police force, as described on the ACRO website at https://www.acro.police.uk/subject_access.aspx.

The Disclosure Scotland website at https://www.disclosurescotland.co.uk/ will hopefully provide you with all necessary information in your case.