Suvarnabhumi Airport?

mjcl

Su wa na poom Airport  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

After just flying out of the new airport, and then coming back in, I find I am not impressed.

Some of the reasons:

1. Lack of organisation

2. Immigration slower than Don Muang

3. Long wait for baggage

4. Difficult to navigate

5. Hard to get taxis

6. A long way to walk to get flights and come back to immigration

7. (For smokers) minuscule smoking rooms

8. Stupid (Western) spelling of the name which leads to mis-pronunciation

I travelled out on the 26th when the airport was not ready, and flew back in on the 28th when it opened but was still not ready.

Would be interested to see what others have to say.

I love it! But I have to temper that with I was expecting some problems with the opening so didn't let those bother me. And I didn't have checked baggage and I didn't take a taxi, though that didn't look to be a problem. Also my arrival time was late night, and I checked in early morning for my first departure. If you're arriving or leaving mid day together with many others, or if your luggage gets delayed for many hours, you'll likely have a different opinion than mine.

Disadvantages

- feels like a factory inside

- Windows and toilets aren't as clean as at Don Muang

- A real messy and serious situation in the arrival hall, not enough space for the waiting crowds

- Not enough restaurants

- An expensive unattractive restaurant/bar just underneath the observationd deck

- Oberservation deck with no seats

Very limited and very confusing direction signs

- Heavy traffic at the airport due to empty taxis waiting to get into the taxi parking lot

- everything is painted grey inside the airport

Advantages

Transportation to and from the airport is fast and convenient. 551 & 552 bus from the Victory monument and Onuch around 45 minutes all the way to the airport's bus terminal. 35 Baht on way.