Updates, and info on buses, vans, and cheapest taxis to airport.

peeba7

For me there is only one option at that time of day: http://www.airportpattayabus.com/ It's also the cheapest option.

It's especially convenient for me as I live at walking distance from the terminal in Jomtien. It may not be so convenient for those living in other areas, though the main Pattaya-Jomtien bahtbus goes right past the terminal.

if leaving from Pattaya mid-morning is your timing, the cheapest and pretty convenient must be the direct bus from Jomtien Thapparaya, next to Foodmart grocery store).

I recall 120 baht or something like that to airport. Leaves every hour and goes direct to airport, takes 1.5-2hrs depending on traffic. Used it few times as live not far, unfortunately not good for morning departures though (recall first bus depart 7AM last 9PM) so for departures after 10AM is fine. Easy to get there by bath bus as right on main road between Pattaya and Jomtien.

Taxi services well reported on other threads. Personally using Mr Keak tax (email [email protected]) 1000 Bt each way as

seem more dependable than Mr T.... and especially his drivers refill their gas tanks before or after the trip, not during the trip as

experienced many times with Mr T drivers, refilling during customer transfer just drove me nuts...

I will look into all above, thanks.

The only problem with the jomtien bus is i stay in pattaya but might be worth it.

Can't beat the price though I might spring the 1000 for convenience.

I know many vans will re-direct to the airport but not for 100 or 150, more like 300 or 400 and you might have to wait until the van fills.

So, many options.

bell bus is great. Unfortunately they now make you book online in order to get the pick up service by minivan at your hotel. But I guess you could go to the bus station in advance and book and pay there. I am not sure. I usually just hop on the moto taxi and go to the bus station and buy the ticket then. Have never had the bus full and no seats available. I don't book online because, I just don't like using my Credit or debit card while overseas for a simple bus ticket. Other than that, the Bell thing is a very good buy.

I changed the flight and booked with Mr T but sometimes, maybe only and hopefully, occasionally he drops the ball.

Did NOT answer two calls from me then assumed he knew i needed to change the time again to 10 without me ever telling him that time, <deleted>?

Is it always SOMETHING in Thailand or everywhere?

EVERYWHERE!

but more here!

Archived