Taxis

grtaylor

OK - now that the place has been open for 24 hours, can someone report on the taxi situation? The Nation on the 13th said that the original policy had changed and taxis WOULD be allowed to the Arrivals terminal. Has that happened, or is the bus ride the only way?

Cheers,

G

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/specials/s...bhumi/taxi.html

total mess. have to wait 1-2h for public taxi, longest line I´ve ever seen.

try to arrange a taxi before you arrive is my advice.

:D

Maybe a stupid question, but what about Thai limo service? I know it is expensive but I get to come to Thailand once or twice a year for maybe 2 weeks max, so I can splurge a bit on vacation. Are the limos or Airport taxis available like they used to be at Don Muang?

:o

total mess. have to wait 1-2h for public taxi, longest line I´ve ever seen.

Anyone know if the line is any shorter if you use the 'old' system of taking the shuttle to the Transport Centre and catching a taxi there??

Late last night the taxis were running and there wasn't anyone waiting. There was a limousine booth on the arrival level 2, but no customers. There were some lounge chairs there that had signs on them, "reserved for limousine customers", but were full with sleeping passengers who disregarded the notice. Outside I saw a row of the limousine cars (Toyota Camrys) and drivers, but no passengers willing to take them.

anyone know how long it takes to get to the airport by taxi from say Victory monument, have an early morning flight tomorrow 07.25 to Penang, so I guess I need to check in at 0600 at the latest.

cheers

Leave at 05.00 and you would make it on time.