Closing Time

cheapcharlie

Any changes lately? I read on another forum that the new regime isn't too concerned with social order. :D

What about Nana(Angels) Disco? Still closing at 2am? I'd love to see sun rising next time I leave there! :o

I have heard that most the girls there are once again in the buff, at least at Cowboy, a waitress said to a friend of mine that it was business as normal, as in the old days. All it will take is a couple grannies to complain and we will back to square one! :D

Any changes lately? I read on another forum that the new regime isn't too concerned with social order. :D

What about Nana(Angels) Disco? Still closing at 2am? I'd love to see sun rising next time I leave there! :o

I have heard that most the girls there are once again in the buff, at least at Cowboy, a waitress said to a friend of mine that it was business as normal, as in the old days. All it will take is a couple grannies to complain and we will back to square one! :D

Apart from your grannies, Marquess.................. :D

CONGRATULATIONS with your 1000th post on ThaiVisa!

:D

LaoPo

I read, that bars won't close on public holidays anymore. New law by the new government. Is that true?

Another question: Is the regulation, that you can't buy alcohol in supermarkets during day time still in order or did that change, too?

When I used to frequent Thermae, there wasn't a closing time - it was usually daylight when we left, re 93-96. Man, those were good days!

Hopefully we will be able to return to the good 'ol days! Sounds like cowboy's going well! Also read that alcohol will be sold on the Royal's birthdays! That sounds like a presage to good things! Is the ban on sales still in effect in the afternoon?

Fun and games might be coming back to Bangkok but nothing has changed in Chiang Mai ....a bit off topic ... but there you have it.

Edited by swain

The only changes in the laws recently for alcohol sales have been over sales on the Royal Family birthdays

<previously Aug 12 and Dec5 were no sales days ... now sales are allowed>

Edited by jdinasia

When I used to frequent Thermae, there wasn't a closing time - it was usually daylight when we left, re 93-96. Man, those were good days!

:D

In times past I used to stagger out of the Thermae with the sun already up. The only place where you had to enter through the toilets!

Fraid I'm too old and too settled down for that kind of stuff anymore.

At least the Thai girlfriend says I am.

As for the alchohol laws.....right now the new army boys are concerned with other things right now. However, if I was to hazard a bet, I think they will start tightening up on all the "fun and games". Just watch Thai television and the army channel. Most of the adverts stess home, family, religion (Buddhisim) and such. Can't be too long before those types of values start to be pushed by the new leaders. Once they start feeling more secure, and get the political stuff out of the way, I expect a much more conservative line from then regarding moral values.

:o

As of 3 weeks ago, Soi Cowboy was pretty relaxed with the girls in the buff and no signs of closing at 1am.

NEP still had all GG girls covered up. Not sure about closing times.

Angels kicked out at 2am.

Talking of Angels (Off topic, sorry) I was given 2 free drink vouchers after paying my entrance fee on the Saturday but promptly forgot about them. I tried to use them on the Sunday but they were date stamped and they wouldn't take them. I spoke to the English manager and reasoned with him that it made no difference to his profits what night I used the vouchers and I would appreciate it if he accepted them. At this point he totally lost it and threatened to have security throw me out! A bit of an over reaction I thought.....

Obviously, I backed down and went back to enjoying myself whilst he seethed in the corner. Not a great example of good customer service. Anybody else had any experiences with this guy?

HoJo

As of 3 weeks ago, Soi Cowboy was pretty relaxed with the girls in the buff and no signs of closing at 1am.

NEP still had all GG girls covered up. Not sure about closing times.

Angels kicked out at 2am.

Talking of Angels (Off topic, sorry) I was given 2 free drink vouchers after paying my entrance fee on the Saturday but promptly forgot about them. I tried to use them on the Sunday but they were date stamped and they wouldn't take them. I spoke to the English manager and reasoned with him that it made no difference to his profits what night I used the vouchers and I would appreciate it if he accepted them. At this point he totally lost it and threatened to have security throw me out! A bit of an over reaction I thought.....

Obviously, I backed down and went back to enjoying myself whilst he seethed in the corner. Not a great example of good customer service. Anybody else had any experiences with this guy?

HoJo

The guy is doing what he's told. Did you expect him to personally pay for your drinks? Did you ever try and get a refund for something here? This is not the US where MGRs can kiss customer's asses

The only changes in the laws recently for alcohol sales have been over sales on the Royal Family birthdays

<previously Aug 12 and Dec5 were no sales days ... now sales are allowed>

hooray as dec 5 always my last day before coming home,at least now i can celebrate in the proper manner! :o

Edited by steve w

People like you make dealing with the public a real chore.

You were too foolish to use your free vouchers on the date that they were valid despite the date stamp and now you are trying to place the blame for your silly mistake on the manager of the bar.

How can you say that it would "make no difference" to his profits to give you free drinks the next day when you had already blown your opportunity the day before? He didn't owe you anything and certainly shouldn't end up paying for your error.

I have had to deal with cheapo Howard Johnson types in my business and throwing you out seems rather mild to me; How about a good, old fashioned keel hauling? :o

People like you make dealing with the public a real chore.

You were too foolish to use your free vouchers on the date that they were valid despite the date stamp and now you are trying to place the blame for your silly mistake on the manager of the bar.

How can you say that it would "make no difference" to his profits to give you free drinks the next day when you had already blown your opportunity the day before? He didn't owe you anything and certainly shouldn't end up paying for your error.

I have had to deal with cheapo Howard Johnson types in my business and throwing you out seems rather mild to me; How about a good, old fashioned keel hauling? :o

It’s an interesting perspective you have on customer service. I hope I never have cause to complain in your establishment as being keel hauled doesn’t sound like a very pleasant experience.

To answer you question. No, I did not expect him to pay for my drinks, I was merely pointing out that I had not used my voucher on one day so felt that I could use it on another day without any impact on his profits. I was not trying to gain any additional drinks from him.

The point of my post was that I felt his reaction was extreme to say the least. I had not behaved threateningly, reacted angrily or even complained. I just asked him to reconsider.

I have a feeling that whatever I say here will, in your eyes, be wrong as it appears you both attended and passed with flying colours the same training course that taught you that all customers are lying, cheating and scheming scumbags. I hope your certificate hangs proudly on your office wall.

HJ - I think UG was pointing out that coupons expired. Like any business if it expires then they don't honour it. Yes it was an over-reaction because it doesnt harm to ask, all he can say is no. I'm quite sure the mgr was having a bad day and took it out on you.

I have known both the managers at Angels Disco for over 5 years.

Only on a professional basis, though. I was a known customer.

Consider this: A few years ago when they first started the cover charge/drink coupon policy, they both waved me in for free for some months afterward if they were at the door when I arrived. Even though the place was packed out most nights, they knew that I was good for at least a couple of drinks, more if I met someone I liked. THERE IS THE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

I talked to the guy mentioned in the above posts about the cover charge policy. The reason was that a great number of "patrons" bought no drinks at all and they had even caught a few picking up unfinished drinks left at tables while people were dancing! True!

To Howard J: They go through the drink coupons and know EXACTLY how many weren't turned in on the night you were there. So they are forewarned that someone might show up with a gripe. I am sure they have a strict policy about it. The manager can't go around these rules as he has his own boss to answer to.

I ask you, would you try to use an expired coupon at an airlines or car-rental place? A restaurant? If you would, I wouldn't want you for a customer.

'nuff said

~

I have a feeling that whatever I say here will, in your eyes, be wrong as it appears you both attended and passed with flying colours the same training course that taught you that all customers are lying, cheating and scheming scumbags. I hope your certificate hangs proudly on your office wall.

Not ALL customers.

Only the ones that insist on trying to make their mistake into my mistake. Honest customers have no problem taking responsibilty for their own actions. :o

Not ALL customers.

Only the ones that insist on trying to make their mistake into my mistake. Honest customers have no problem taking responsibilty for their own actions. :D

And throwing my 2 cents in it, I think a good customer would never argue over some ###### free drinks coupons :o

Sukhumvit, between Ambassador-Hotel (now under construction) and Soi 15 in the basement of Ruam Chitt Plaza building. You can as well enter from Soi 15, next to the Manhattan Hotel, through the toilets. :o