Tot Ipstar Slow? Anyone Else Having Problems?

kenjin

My ipStar by TOT was installed last week. I paid for 1 MB. Since It was installed, I have never had anywhere near 1MB. I called the guy who fitted it and he said that they are having problems in Bangkok but service will get get back to normal soon. Also it seems very irratic, the speed goes up and down all the time.

Does any one here use the TOT ipStar? If so, what are your experiences? Does anyone have the contact number to call Customer service? the number they gave me is never answered, just rings off.

• 2 weeks later...
My ipStar by TOT was installed last week. I paid for 1 MB. Since It was installed, I have never had anywhere near 1MB. I called the guy who fitted it and he said that they are having problems in Bangkok but service will get get back to normal soon. Also it seems very irratic, the speed goes up and down all the time.

Does any one here use the TOT ipStar? If so, what are your experiences? Does anyone have the contact number to call Customer service? the number they gave me is never answered, just rings off.

I too just installed the 1024 package and speeds are all over the place. Of greater concern is the reliability of downloads. Most of the time the downloads complete and you think you have accomplished something only to find that the downloaded files don't work.

They came installed the dish and modem and told me it was done and left no paperwork for settings or any other support material, like website etc. The modem does have a phone number on it but seldom get a reply when calling it.

I suspect some of the settings need to be tweaked but do not have access to the modem, only the LAN board.

I have had no connect problems with availability but sure am frustrated with the integrity of downloads.

Hope your info from BKK is accurate but somehow I think we have another issue here.

be happy to be connected (almost! 24/7) ;-) I pay for the 265/128 package, and probably get the same as you. Yet ... it's working!! (well, not if it's raining)

A Happy TOT IP Star user

Unfortunately the past few days make me feel like I still have Loxinfo Ipstar. The TOT Ipstar service has been very bad and today I am on-line using my cell phone and GPRS. When you are paying for broadband 512/256 service and end up using GPRS something is seriously wrong with the satellite system.