Chinese Visas, new Application Centre and website

Looks like a commercial visa service. Do they still accept visa applications in person at the consulate, and if not, is "Visa Application Center" the only option?

Years ago (2008, I think), the Chinese consulate in Seoul started requiring all visa applications to be handled by a commercial service, and no longer allowed individuals to apply in person.

But they allowed multiple visa service agencies to be used, and not just one "Visa Application Center". There were quite a few travel agencies in Seoul authorized to handle visa applications, though some of them advertised as if they were the only one.

I could see them going the same way in BKK as it's much easier to have the travel agencies vet the applications and make sure all the documents are in order before being presented at the consulate. And if they did go that way, I would think there would be a lot of choices.

I suspect that the Chinese Embassy has joined the many others who have contracted out their visa application receiving process.

I don't know if you can still go directly to the Embassy, I suspect not as this new facility is detailed on the Embassy Website as being their Visa Application Centre, and it was announced in the press today.

• Like 1