TEFL Institute

Guest Steve

My first reaction was to want to know why the moderator deleted the name of the outfit you are looking for, as I take "TEFL" to be a generic term, and not a specific school.  Was I wrong, and is "TEFL Institute" the name?

Maybe you could try again, and give us the URL in the text of your message (if there is not a rule against that, too), or better still, make sure we are clear on the exact name of the school you are asking about.

BTW my limited experience with schools here tells me that things could be a bit better.  I asked a rep at BCC whether his course showed us how to teach based on the traditional model (paradigms, explanations, exercises) or the assumption that language is learned the same way by humans of all ages (inductive formation of speech habits based on repeated examples, less or no reliance on grammar charts and the like), and his non-response was that graduates of BCC teach in a "student-centered" fashion.  I did not enroll.  There may be a good institute out there, for all I know.  Others can help you, I suspect, so please try again.