Fake eggs made of plastic emerge in Thailand

webfact

Fake eggs made of plastic emerge in Chon Buri

286-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The first case of fake eggs believed to be from China was reported by a food vendor in Ban Bung district of Chon Buri, 49-year Mrs Lek Jaikla, of Ban Noen Moke, Tambon Nong E-roon.

Mrs Lek told reporters that she bought a plastic bag of 10 eggs for 35 baht from a flea market in Tambon Noong E-roon. However, she said that one of the eggs was found to be a fake because when she tried to fry it on a pan, it emitted the smell of burning plastic and burned.

The vendor said she suspected more fake eggs might have been mixed with the real ones and sold in a bag of ten or more to customers. She said that she heard about the fake eggs on the television and had never seen one before until this week when she tried to fry one.

Mr Pongsak Khunsawasdi, a grocer at Tambon Nong E-roon, said she bought eggs from the poultry farm and did not sell eggs put in plastic bags like those sold at flea market.

Other residents in the tambon who learned about the discovery of fake eggs urged authorities concerned to conduct an investigation to find out where they came from.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/fake-eggs-made-of-plastic-emerge-in-chon-buri

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-10-02

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here in Laos chinese plastic 'Sechuan noodles' have been sold for ages. To test if they are really made from rice you have to burn them with a lighter, the fake plastic ones splutter and melt into goo and stink of burnt oil. Disgusting and dangerous.

Plastic costs twice as much as rice, why would they make plastic noodles?

Here in Laos chinese plastic 'Sechuan noodles' have been sold for ages. To test if they are really made from rice you have to burn them with a lighter, the fake plastic ones splutter and melt into goo and stink of burnt oil. Disgusting and dangerous.

Plastic costs twice as much as rice, why would they make plastic noodles?

Beats me..as far as I know the plastic is mixed into the rice powder...they are made in China where the plastic must be dirt cheap. Its shocking

So, it looked like an egg, but when fried it smelt of plastic? I assume she cracked it open....I somehow doubt fake eggs are made with fake plastic yolks and fake plastic whites. Rotten egg, surely.

That may change your mind.

Edited by ldiablo

So, it looked like an egg, but when fried it smelt of plastic? I assume she cracked it open....I somehow doubt fake eggs are made with fake plastic yolks and fake plastic whites. Rotten egg, surely.

That may change your mind.

Wow. It did...thanks.

Preposterous.

Are there actually any others? That looks like the kind of plastic egg that farmers use to stimulate laying, I would have thought they sold for more than a real egg, I expect the farmer sold it accidentally.

A recent expose showed the Chinese (again) producing fake eggs. The spokesman said 'It's cheaper than keeping chickens'. No 'stimulation' of actual REAL chicken egg laying, just throw a bunch of stuff together e voila! Not so difficult to comprehend when the Chinese produce toxic fake baby milk powder 'mongst many other foodstuffs, to save money. China and it's insidious ways, warmly embraced by the current JUNTA, and on it's way to a market near you.bah.gif