Fiancé visa- Financial Requirments P60 On CIS

Hi in the process of doing my GF fiancée visa, im making sure i am covered on the financial requirements.

I am employed under the Construction Industry Scheme according to Appendix FM i can choose instead of using self employed ( Whcih requires Loads of paperwork) to count my CIS income as income from salaried employment.

So i supply:

CIS payslips instead of payslips

CIS contractor letter instead of employer letter

Bank statments for 6 months

But Appendix FMES for salaried employment states "in addition to the payslips and personal bank statements required under that paragraph, submit the P60 for the relevant period(s) of employment relied upon"

How do i get a copy of this as this? isnt this supplied at the end of the financial year for people who are "employed"? Im on the Construction Industry Scheme so im not really employed?

Anyone got any ideas, im struggling to find the answer.

thanks

I think you might be looking at an old version of Appendix FM-SE. When the current requirements were first introduced in 2012, there was a requirement for P60's to be submitted. That was later amended, and the current guidance says :

"In addition to the evidence listed above, paragraph 2A of Appendix FM-SE specifies that P60(s) for the relevant period(s) of employment (if issued) and a signed contract(s) of employment may also be submitted in respect of paid employment in the UK. If they are not submitted, the decision-maker may grant the application if otherwise satisfied that the requirements of Appendix FM-SE relating to that employment are met, or they may ask for the documents to be submitted in accordance with paragraph D of the Appendix."

It says a P60 "may" also be submitted "if provided". It is not a mandatory requirement, and the ECO will be aware that CIS contractors probably won't have one.

Tony M

I think you might be looking at an old version of Appendix FM-SE. When the current requirements were first introduced in 2012, there was a requirement for P60's to be submitted. That was later amended, and the current guidance says :

"In addition to the evidence listed above, paragraph 2A of Appendix FM-SE specifies that P60(s) for the relevant period(s) of employment (if issued) and a signed contract(s) of employment may also be submitted in respect of paid employment in the UK. If they are not submitted, the decision-maker may grant the application if otherwise satisfied that the requirements of Appendix FM-SE relating to that employment are met, or they may ask for the documents to be submitted in accordance with paragraph D of the Appendix."

It says a P60 "may" also be submitted "if provided". It is not a mandatory requirement, and the ECO will be aware that CIS contractors probably won't have one.

Tony M

That penultimate sentence should read "It says P60 "may" also be submitted "if issued" ". Apologies.

Tony M

Edited by ThaiVisaExpress

Ok

Tony one other question.

Appendix FM states in Par 2. i must include a letter from my employer or in my case CIS contractor. It states:

A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a) confirming:

(i) the person's employment and gross annual salary;

(ii) the length of their employment;

(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and

(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency)

I get paid "per day" (Day Rate) and work 9 hours a day, so if i don’t work i don’t get paid. So I don’t really have "Gross Annual Salary" as such or a contract stating my salary or type of employment.

Each month the amount I get is different depending how many Hours/Days I work.

Any idea what i should get my contractor boss to write in his letter, i dont want to run into any problems and am bit worried.

thanks

You must provide the "employer's" letter. It should just contain exactly what you have described - your hours of contracted work, your daily rate, how long you have been working for them. The ECO will be aware of the difference between your letter and that of someone who is salaried.

Tony M