TOT blocking some download sites?

PostmanPat

TOT has either, an internal technical problem, OR, it has deliberately started to block downloads from at least a couple of the well known TV programme torrent sites. I can still download from a few sites, but there are now at least two where you can open the site but when you click to download a torrent it goes into utorrent but then just sits there with nothing happening.

Anyone else experiencing this or has information? I am in Chiang Mai by the way if thats relevant.

I've had on 3 separate occasions where most sites outside of Thailand haven't been accessible even using a paid for vpn for about 6 hours. My home page is google UK and that comes up but then even to access yahoo UK mail and banks etc it never connects. I've been able to connect to online games like WOT where the server is in Singapore and play ok but nearly everything else I can't get a connection. If this is what it's going to be like after the firewall then I'm only going to pay for the cheapest connection, I currently have the best TOT connection in Rayong which is fibre to house and 30MB connection which is brilliant when I'm not cut off from the outside world. Are these tests going on to check the firewall or just some disruption due to TOT upgrading the system?.

More small mindedness to come while plenty of it to be seen at present.

And to think....so many people welcomed the New Order Military Government.

I guess they forgot that the essence of any military organization is based on trying to achieve total control of everything and everyone.

Cheers

Not only TOT, the others as well have an increase of blocked websites and it is will only get worse with the cyber wave come over the Government

only way so far to go around this is to buy a decent VPN service

wai2.gif

Thanks, I'll check into a VPN.

Get a VPN tunnel connection and then you can do whatever you like for sure, and see as many programs on the internet that are within your desire ( Regions in the Word are different, this VPN connection make your PC believe you are in your home country and off course there is a little fee per month associated with it but it is worth it , i.e I can watch programs from Sweden witchs is not available outside Sweden, good luck pal...

I've had on 3 separate occasions where most sites outside of Thailand haven't been accessible even using a paid for vpn for about 6 hours. My home page is google UK and that comes up but then even to access yahoo UK mail and banks etc it never connects. I've been able to connect to online games like WOT where the server is in Singapore and play ok but nearly everything else I can't get a connection. If this is what it's going to be like after the firewall then I'm only going to pay for the cheapest connection, I currently have the best TOT connection in Rayong which is fibre to house and 30MB connection which is brilliant when I'm not cut off from the outside world. Are these tests going on to check the firewall or just some disruption due to TOT upgrading the system?.

Having similar problems with google.co.uk using IE 11 on windows 8.1, True internet at near 20Mbps. No problems whatsoever with Bing or Google.co.th Google.co.uk does the search but will not open the site I select from the search. This is a very recent problem. I'm in Sri Racha which is not so far from Rayong.

Just tried it with google chrome.....no problem

Edited by hugh2121

I did notice that my "Stumbleupon" addon for opera was not working. Not sure if it is their server or....it is randomly accessing recently blocked websites.

It operates by clicking on areas of interest...and then loads recommended pages. Used to be a good way to "accidently" come across girlie pics. lol

Seven letters: S E E D B O X

Sex letters ( Scottish): R A T A S S Don't you smell at least one, too? facepalm.gif

I wrote a post here yesterday that people might consider the "good general" and his "friends" as the culprits. The post was even liked by an intelligent reader,, but disappeared over night.

I had no idea that the "good general", or one of his bet me to it club, would read this honorable forum. coffee1.gif

"Gentlemen, we are being killed on the beaches. Lets go inland and be killed."

General Norman Cota, Omaha Beach, 1944

Edited by lostinisaan

TV Chaos still not working using TOT. I dont think TOT have blocked the site as such because occasionally, like for a few minutes every couple of days TV Chaos works. I still hope that its some technical glitch within TOT that TOT might fix...eventually? Its been about five days now. Still hoping.

Anyone else got any feedback or updates?

TV Chaos still not working using TOT. I dont think TOT have blocked the site as such because occasionally, like for a few minutes every couple of days TV Chaos works. I still hope that its some technical glitch within TOT that TOT might fix...eventually? Its been about five days now. Still hoping.

Anyone else got any feedback or updates?

Can't even access the website now. This morning OK, but not the torrents.

There is a topic in their forums, but can't access that now.

Curious I can access TVChaos, EZTV, KAT, Rarbg and Pirate Bay from my TOT account down here in Hat Yai.

When you say "access" do you just mean you can see the TVChaos website? Or that you can actually download torrents from them? The former hasn't been an issue, whilst the latter has. (The other sites also haven't been an issue. This is specifically a TVChaos/TOT problem.)