Kan Airlines to Chiang Mai

cigar7

I heard there is a new airline Kan Airlines that flies direct from Pattaya to Chiang Mai and most fares are less than 2,000 baht return. Has anyone flown this itinerary? Comments ?

3 times/week.

post-35874-0-13246500-1443916605_thumb.j

My wife and son flew them several times when they were trialing their Udon Thani r/t's earlier this year and they were great. Earlier booking online gets best fare and they had a complimentary minibus shuttle from their office near Makro, opposite Ford showroom on Sukhumvit.

Edited by NanLaew

I never got chance to fly with them as they cancelled the flights to Ubon that they had planned along with some other routes. I asked them why it had happened and they told me that the Thai Department of Civil Aviation did not issue permission to begin the flights yet.

Just flew from Hua hin to Chiang Mai and back. It was a great flight on a comfortable turboprop plane with plenty of legroom and a decent meal. They now have a promotion at bt 900 each way. The service was good our luggage was waiting for us and probably could make the trip from my home to a hotel in Chiang Mai in less than 3 1/2 hours. I have already booked another return trip in early January.
Since I have to go to the doctor in Bangkok every two months and dislike the long drive. Instead I shall fly to Chiang Mai to see a doctor there. Having lived in Chiang Mai previously I have found that the doctors and hospitals are as good as in Bangkok and a third of the price. I stayed in a first-class hotel "the orchard"for 760 baht per night and eating out is certainly half the price of Hua Hin.

I never got chance to fly with them as they cancelled the flights to Ubon that they had planned along with some other routes. I asked them why it had happened and they told me that the Thai Department of Civil Aviation did not issue permission to begin the flights yet.

On 8 July 2015, the airline was forced to suspend more than half of its network as civil aviation authorities get tough on airline operating licenses.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kan_Air

They had only charter license on some destination so they had to stop until they get the proper license.

They fly one ATR 72 registration HS-KAD. A second one is to enter into service HS-KAF.

Having only one plane may cause some flight cancellation unless the second one is available.

On some destination like Pai and Mae Hong Son they fly their unique Cessna Grand Caravan 208B

Just flew from Hua hin to Chiang Mai and back. It was a great flight on a comfortable turboprop plane with plenty of legroom and a decent meal. They now have a promotion at bt 900 each way. The service was good our luggage was waiting for us and probably could make the trip from my home to a hotel in Chiang Mai in less than 3 1/2 hours. I have already booked another return trip in early January.

Since I have to go to the doctor in Bangkok every two months and dislike the long drive. Instead I shall fly to Chiang Mai to see a doctor there. Having lived in Chiang Mai previously I have found that the doctors and hospitals are as good as in Bangkok and a third of the price. I stayed in a first-class hotel "the orchard"for 760 baht per night and eating out is certainly half the price of Hua Hin.

Anyone- What is the cost to get to Uta-Pao from Beach Road, soi 13 area?

gamini- What is the normal baggage allowance? How much to get 25K? Flying to Hua Hin sounds like the best choice.

Thanks