Gar Shifting

rockwell585

Anyone have an idea as to why I keep getting intermittent shift problems?

Sometimes when trying to down shift from 6th to 4th the gear selector clicks / clunks into gear but when the clutch is let out it is still in the 6th gear? Some times shifting down from say 5th to 4th it clicks as if the gear has changed but you can find yourself in neutral or still in 4th?

Shifting up, sometimes misses 2nd gear and goes to neutral.

Shifting down 2nd to 1st sometimes hits neutral.

Never did this before, oil is changed every 2K, clutch etc. all adjusted correctly it is a Honda by the way, 250R ABS

Thanks.

Edited by rockwell585

Is there any play where the gear lever attaches to the shaft? Sometimes the splines ware and a little movement causes the gears to not engage properly.

Sometimes in can be caused by the clutch not being adjust properly, not disengaging enough.

Could possibly be other things like worn gear selectors. I have also found wearing the wrong shoes can sometimes cause issues - bike boots normally have a hard toe piece that helps when changing up.

But if your gear lever is not worn my money would be on clutch adjustment.

Is there any play where the gear lever attaches to the shaft? Sometimes the splines ware and a little movement causes the gears to not engage properly.

Sometimes in can be caused by the clutch not being adjust properly, not disengaging enough.

Could possibly be other things like worn gear selectors. I have also found wearing the wrong shoes can sometimes cause issues - bike boots normally have a hard toe piece that helps when changing up.

But if your gear lever is not worn my money would be on clutch adjustment.

Carol, you're a diamond.....