Good Health

fang37

Good health is something that most of us take as a given right when we are in our younger years.

When we hit 60+, ill health begins to appear.

Medical science has improved in leaps & bounds especially since the 1970s.

I was a top athlete, exercised regularly, played competitive team sport - all was good.

Then, about 6 years ago, I got advanced throat cancer.

CRUEL!

Lethargy, total teeth extraction & unbearable physical pain. The pain was so severe I had copious amounts of morphine.

In time, better health returned although permanent side-effects existed viz I could not eat solid food again.

About 4 months ago, I was hit by a pickup. Unconscious. Ambulanced to hospital & an operation - plate inserted.

Since then, sleep has been a luxury. In reality, my entire body aches 24/7.

What to do? No idea. Learn to live with it; accept it?

Life can be a bitch! Now, it is a bitch.

Sometimes, I think - just put me down as they do with old dogs.

My sincerest sympathies. I'm in my 70's and suffer from a few illnesses like high blood pressure, gout, and enlarged prostate, but my problems pale into insignificance compared to yours. No question that old age can be cruel.

I am only 48 , I know about the sleepless nights the 24/7 pain . Only thing that keeps me going is the love for my wife , kids and a couple of real mates .

Painkillers take the edge of and is still better then the final solution .

I still do the work that wrecked my body and still do it with joy , but it gets harder and harder every year .

Maybe u should try to visit a painclinic , my brother gets botox shots sometimes to put some nerves offline for a while .

anyway hope u health will improve .

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Pain clinic - tried that. Even copious amount of morphine. Now, no thanks. To me, pain is sending a message. Blocking same is not the solution.

Wife - good but erratic. She thinks that I must exercise to mend the broken leg - I cry!

Time & no stupid actions are my medicine.

I'm 60 next year, & yup got the high bp, & am generally a bit slower physically. When I get sleep issues,I often use good quality Lavender Oil on my pillow, or in a burner. Helps me relax.

Valerian is also very good for sleep, & get great dreams too.

And no, it's not time for you to be put to sleep.

Just keep going forward, even if it's slowly...

I'm 60 next year, & yup got the high bp, & am generally a bit slower physically. When I get sleep issues,I often use good quality Lavender Oil on my pillow, or in a burner. Helps me relax.

It's a personal decision.

IMO everyone has the right to go at a time of their choosing.

Good health?

My broken leg required a wheelchair.

Me missus is very busy so she decided to sub-contract out the nursing duties.

As you can see, I am bitterly disappointed by her selfishness.

post-239536-0-50881800-1444031251_thumb.

It's a personal decision.

IMO everyone has the right to go at a time of their choosing.

Yes,you're quite correct about it bring a personal decision.

My comment was to encourage Fang, not to debate personal ethics. Ok, blud?

• 2 weeks later...

In foreign countries, when an animal is in extreme pain, they have a service to put the animal down. Often it is called the RSPCA. Generally, it is government funded.

Humans - NO! Let him suffer.

In foreign countries, when an animal is in extreme pain, they have a service to put the animal down. Often it is called the RSPCA. Generally, it is government funded.

It's absolutely crazy an unrelated party who' knows nothing about someone's personal predicament can try and force their believe on another concerning such a personal matter that is nobody's else's business, where at best close friends and relatives should only offer compassion and understanding with the person enduring the suffering.

It's absolutely crazy an unrelated party who' knows nothing about someone's personal predicament can try and force their believe on another concerning such a personal matter that is nobody's else's business, where at best close friends and relatives should only offer compassion and understanding with the person enduring the suffering.

I agree. But that is what happens.

Only I can feel my pain!

Listening is #1.