Urologist in Chiangmai

mhortig

Can anyone reccomend a competent urologist who speaks good English for treatment of BPH. I have been to numerous Thai doctors over several years, spent considerable money and no relief. Thank you for your suggestions. Please include their location and contact information.

Here is the doctors from the pinned list at the top of the page.

UROLOGY (Urinary/Reproductive)

Dr Pruk Kithirathrakan

Rajavej Hospital, 053 801999

Dr Jamroon Wattanasakult

Rajavej Hospital, 053 801999

Dr. Bunnakit

Sriphat, his own private clinic and occasionally at RAM

053 5394 6900/1

Personally, I have been treated by Dr Bunnakit successfully

Here's his mobile if you want to speak to him directly he doesn't mind, excellent English. 0818824085

I know others who have used him and seem satisfied.

Lawd knows who the other two are, never actually seen a recommendation for them.

Here's his mobile if you want to speak to him directly he doesn't mind, excellent English. 0818824085

Lawd knows who the other two are, never actually seen a recommendation for them.

I second that.

Dr Bunnakit is at the top of his profession here in Chiang Mai.

He has removed a testicular cyst and given me ongoing treatment for prostate problems.

I have heard criticism of his methods on this forum, but my own experience has been entirely satisfactory.

Good for Dr B to have so many accolades. I, most assuredly, will not be giving any nor would a number of my aquaintences who have visited him over the years.

Great English yes, a cutter rather than a treater.

Flamers may now light your torches!

Thank you for outlining the Dr's details.

What medical activities does he recommend in order to deal with the prostate problems, does he initially suggest an operation, or does he recommend initially some medication (drugs) to deal with the prostate problem.

Some suggested medical drugs for the prostate have heavy side effects and fellows do not like it, therefore they go for certain supplements that deal with the enlarged prostate problems that is to say several Vitamins and Minerals as generally available for this purpose.

What medical activities does he recommend in order to deal with the prostate problems, does he initially suggest an operation, or does he recommend initially some medication (drugs) to deal with the prostate problem.

Some suggested medical drugs for the prostate have heavy side effects and fellows do not like it, therefore they go for certain supplements that deal with the enlarged prostate problems that is to say several Vitamins and Minerals as generally available for this purpose.

No point in asking me, I don't know your problem and I'm not a Urologist.

I suggest you ask him personally what he recommends for you and depending on whether you feel satisfied with his diagnosis/advice, either take it or leave it.

I can only say what my experience is. Dr. B. has never suggested any type of surgery to me. He did insist upon the initial biopsy STAT when I first met him, which I did and am glad I did as I was worried I might have had prostate cancer but the biopsy confirmed I didn't. Over the last year my PSA has been coming down. He prescribed a medicine for me that has absolutely no side effects whatsoever. I have absolutely no symptoms whatsoever since I have been taking the medicine for 18 months now. Don't bother with the supplements, although the Zinc, pumpkin seed oil, Lycopene etc. is probably good for you it does not (in my case) do anything to relieve the symptoms. Pretty much the same as placebo. I was buying 10 kg. sacks of tomatoes from Muang Mai Market every few days and making juice (Lycopene) and it did nothing. The medicine works great.

I suggest you ask him personally what he recommends for you and depending on whether you feel satisfied with his diagnosis/advice, either take it or leave it.

Hi, Your are not am Urologist, and you do of course not know my problems.

But you should have mentioned the doctor's general activities to deal with prostate matters because as you mentioned you got treated by him.

I have no Medical Qualifications and only advice from a Dr can be trusted.

In my case, as best I can tell, my problems stem from an enlarged Prostate gland which started in my early 40's.

More then one Dr has assured me that there is no connection between an Enlarged Prostate and Prostate Cancer.

You can have both but one does not cause the other.

I have very low PSA counts which is good.

The TURP which is carried out with either a Hot wire or Laser surgery in UK, is still scalpel here in CM and was so in Mid East when I had my first procedure back in early 90's.

A friend who had Prostate Cancer was advised by a Dr in UK not to have TURP by scalpel as it can leave scaring, where as Laser/Hot Wire cauteriser as they cut.

john

Hi, Your are not am Urologist, and you do of course not know my problems.

But you should have mentioned the doctor's general activities to deal with prostate matters because as you mentioned you got treated by him.

The OP asked for the name or a urologist not a dissertation on BPH and the impact of herbs.