Understanding online 90 day reporting

I am on yearly extensions since about 10 years. I have used the online reporting successfully since it first came out. My last one, due for October 9, was not approved. I did the report correctly and within the allowed timeframe. Inquiring over the phone with immigration did not yield a reason, only that the online tool was still bugged and I should come in personally...

I am now wondering whether the non-approval was due to the fact that I reentered the country on July 11, and had to restart the whole process with new info like arrival card number, etc., which would therefore not match-up with previous info in the system?

If that's the case, then online reporting only works if your are continuously in the country. Am I correct with that assumption?

Edited by klauskunkel

It would not be a bug in the system. An immigration officer sitting at a computer does the approval.

Did you look at the non approval on the online reporting site. There has been reports it will tell you the reason.

You should be able to make a online report after a trip out of the country. Your new entry info will be on the application and they can double check it in their database when they do the approval.

It would not be a bug in the system. An immigration officer sitting at a computer does the approval.

Did you look at the non approval on the online reporting site. There has been reports it will tell you the reason.

You should be able to make a online report after a trip out of the country. Your new entry info will be on the application and they can double check it in their database when they do the approval.

The non approval came via email:

Notification 90 days is Not Approved. You can check status by visit www.immigration.go.th

Of course visiting the website does not allow you to check any status, so I called immigration and that officer told me about the bugs, which is also bogus, as you pointed out.

Anyways, I will go tomorrow to Imperial Lad Phrao, and do the reporting in person, and I'll try online next time again.

Thanks

You need to go back to the 90 day online reporting site and after accepting the conditions click on check status. Then enter your verification number or passport number and etc.

Yes, I did. It says: Not approved

and under "Approval Comment" it says:

post-93078-0-18438800-1444210341_thumb.j

which I don't understand

You need to go back to the 90 day online reporting site and after accepting the conditions click on check status. Then enter your verification number or passport number and etc.

Yes, I did. It says: Not approved

and under "Approval Comment" it says:

attachicon.gifapproval comment.jpg

which I don't understand

From the way I read it, you're allowed expiration date doesn't match what they have on file. At the end they say kaw you daw which would mean continue to reside. I see if my wife can make more sense out of it. Thai ain't my native language. lol

Just asked my wife and she comes up with the same thing, although without knowing the context, we don't know what they exactly mean by expiration date. Visa expiration, 90 day expiration? Don't know. I'm thinking your Visa expiration date that you giving them is different from what is in their files. Just a guess, but you might want to recheck what you submitted.

Edited by connda
  • Like 2

As I understand it you must report in person after leaving and re-entering the Country.

Although your personal details are the same, hence you get a 'pending' status, the date of your reporting changes by virtue you left the Country and reset the report date.

The IO needs to reset your report date in the computer and enter your new arrival / departure card number.

When he came to approve your application he would immediately notice that you didn't report on the previous due date, so it will be rejected.

He will need a copy of your re-entry stamp and your TM6 to manually reset the date.

Should be business as usual after that.

It's also possible they may require a new TM30 because you have taken up residence again.

• Like 2

I love a good puzzle! I'm only just starting to learn Thai and the image 'Klauskunkel' gave is rather hard to read, because it isn't quite clear enough to read. I have trouble discerning the difference between 'ข', 'ช' and 'ฃ' as I am sure you will too. But what I have done is to type the phrase in, which took me some time! So I hope this forum accepts Thai letters.

So, putting the Thai วันดรบกำหนดอนุญาตไม่ตรงกับข้อมูลของแผนกขออยู่ต่อ into Google Translate here: https://translate.google.co.uk/ it gives this:

Dr. Brian Day allowable limit does not match the information on the department's request.

Any help?

• Like 2

As I understand it you must report in person after leaving and re-entering the Country.

Although your personal details are the same, hence you get a 'pending' status, the date of your reporting changes by virtue you left the Country and reset the report date.

The IO needs to reset your report date in the computer and enter your new arrival / departure card number.

When he came to approve your application he would immediately notice that you didn't report on the previous due date, so it will be rejected.

He will need a copy of your re-entry stamp and your TM6 to manually reset the date.

It's also possible they may require a new TM30 because you have taken up residence again.

I think you are wrong. It may depend upon the immigration officer doing the approval,

When you complete an application for online 90 day reporting you enter your new entry date and TM6 arrival card number.

The approving officer can confirm that info by looking in immigration's primary database to confirm the new info and easily change the reporting date in the local system for 90 day reporting. There should be no reason to do the report in person.

Unless a person has changed addresses a new TM30 should not be needed.

I think you are wrong. It may depend upon the immigration officer doing the approval,

When you complete an application for online 90 day reporting you enter your new entry date and TM6 arrival card number.

The approving officer can confirm that info by looking in immigration's primary database to confirm the new info and easily change the reporting date in the local system for 90 day reporting. There should be no reason to do the report in person.

"The approving officer can confirm that info by looking in immigration's primary database to confirm the new info and easily change the reporting date in the local system for 90 day reporting. There should be no reason to do the report in person".

Agreed, the question is, do they, or can they be bothered?

"Unless a person has changed addresses a new TM30 should not be needed".

Grey area, depends on your interpretation Joe.

Having left the Country you have left your residence for longer than 24 hours.

On re -entering and retaking up your residence wouldn't section 38 of the Immigration Act apply again.

Wouldn't a hotelier who had a guest on an extension, have to notify of an alien taking up residence again after a 3 week absence due to leaving the Country.

I also stated may request, depends on the IO and his interpretation and enforcement.

I didn't. My extension runs until 21st Feb next year. I did a 90-day report in person and got a re-entry visa from Rayong Immigration in late May, and travelled to the UK in early June, re-entering Thailand on 10th July. I tried the 90-day online system for the first time on 23rd September, completed without difficulty in a couple of minutes and got the approval (I assume from Rayong) in a couple of hours.

I left & re-entered the kingdom earlier this year and did not have to report in person. I have sucessfully done 2 online reports since my return. I expect my next report (due in November) not to be approved and have to report in person, as my permission to stay expires in December.

Edited by mxyzptlk

"The approving officer can confirm that info by looking in immigration's primary database to confirm the new info and easily change the reporting date in the local system for 90 day reporting. There should be no reason to do the report in person".

Agreed, the question is, do they, or can they be bothered?

"Unless a person has changed addresses a new TM30 should not be needed".

Grey area, depends on your interpretation Joe.

Having left the Country you have left your residence for longer than 24 hours.

On re -entering and retaking up your residence wouldn't section 38 of the Immigration Act apply again.

Wouldn't a hotelier who had a guest on an extension, have to notify of an alien taking up residence again after a 3 week absence due to leaving the Country.

I also stated may request, depends on the IO and his interpretation and enforcement.

Well said---"Agreed, the question is, do they, or can they be bothered?" Of course , as with anything here, we also assume the recording IO has a brain.

I love a good puzzle! I'm only just starting to learn Thai and the image 'Klauskunkel' gave is rather hard to read, because it isn't quite clear enough to read. I have trouble discerning the difference between 'ข', 'ช' and 'ฃ' as I am sure you will too. But what I have done is to type the phrase in, which took me some time! So I hope this forum accepts Thai letters.

So, putting the Thai วันดรบกำหนดอนุญาตไม่ตรงกับข้อมูลของแผนกขออยู่ต่อ into Google Translate here: https://translate.google.co.uk/ it gives this:

Dr. Brian Day allowable limit does not match the information on the department's request.

Any help?

I have a suggestion. Don't use Google Translate. Maybe in another 5 years is might be better, but at the moment it's seriously lacking.

I've still have to go back to the Thai which specifically mentions an expiration date as being a problem as opposed to the entry date. I didn't post the Thai with the translation because I know posting Thai is against forum rules, but if UbonJoe is going to make an exception I can post the word for word translation. Let me know if it's OK.

Edited by connda

I didn't. My extension runs until 21st Feb next year. I did a 90-day report in person and got a re-entry visa from Rayong Immigration in late May, and travelled to the UK in early June, re-entering Thailand on 10th July. I tried the 90-day online system for the first time on 23rd September, completed without difficulty in a couple of minutes and got the approval (I assume from Rayong) in a couple of hours.

I left & re-entered the kingdom earlier this year and did not have to report in person. I have sucessfully done 2 online reports since my return. I expect my next report (due in November) not to be approved and have to report in person, as my permission to stay expires in December.

Wow, it would really be nice if Thai Immigration got their act together and actually informed everyone exactly how the system works and why some people can successfully use the online system whereas it bombs out for others. Oh well, mail still works like a champ.

Any help?

I have a suggestion. Don't use Google Translate. Maybe in another 5 years is might be better, but at the moment it's seriously lacking.

Well, OK, but I did quite a bit of work using a dictionary too. So rather than leaving me hanging in the air as to what you think is the correct translation, please could you let everybody know what you think the Thai says? I want to get better at translating.

Otherwise, you're just whinging about a tool. If you had a more correct translation then we can tell Google and their translations will be better in future.

Well 'Faz', using IM Translator here: http://imtranslator.net/translation/thai/to-english/translation/ and putting in the Thai, I get this:

"A day in the bakamnot allowed the Department's request for information does not match."

Google's version seems better to me. I think that's Google 1, IMT 0 if you see my previous posts.

While the Immigration Officer's Thai may be suspect and having bought (and wasted my money on) several translators that are less than ideal, can you tell me where you got your translation? So far, it seems that nobody wants to say.

I ran the Thai through the Thai2English app on my PC. I find that it is far more effective than any of the free online services. Based on that I agree that the message says that that something on your application doesn't match the information they think is correct. I think it appears to be your permitted to stay date that is the issue.

I will be interested in seeing if the information that was supposedly entered into the system when I came into the country last Wednesday really makes it to the online 90 day reporting system and I am not required to report in person to Pattaya Immigration in 90 days

I successfully did my first online 90 day report last April when it first started, but since I left the country before my next 90 days was due , I wonder if I will have the same problem as the OP since my "permitted to stay" date of course changed since I am now on the second year of my O-A, Multiple

I was tempted to just continue to do my 90 day reports online from the US, just to keep the system rolling along but was afraid of what would happen if it didn't work the second time around and I got an error message to report to my local Immigration office

The only thing that I noted that was different this time in coming through Immigration at the airport was that I was not given the little slip of paper attached to my arrival / departure card that normally shows my first 90 day report date.

Maybe the officer assumed that I knew about the 90 day reports once he paged through 5 O-A Multiples so he did not feel it necessary to give me the reminder slip ????

Will report if I am able to continue to do my 90 day report online on January 4th

this makes no sense at all

i left the country on July 20th to Penang ( i am on a retirement extension)

came back in July 23rd

90 day report due Oct 20th

I just successfully did my 90 day report yesterday online ( 1st time i did it online)

• Like 1

Well 'Faz', using IM Translator here: http://imtranslator.net/translation/thai/to-english/translation/ and putting in the Thai, I get this:

"A day in the bakamnot allowed the Department's request for information does not match."

Google's version seems better to me. I think that's Google 1, IMT 0 if you see my previous posts.

While the Immigration Officer's Thai may be suspect and having bought (and wasted my money on) several translators that are less than ideal, can you tell me where you got your translation? So far, it seems that nobody wants to say.

Translation from the girlfriend............she is Thai.

BTW Google translate will not correctly translate my full name in Thai.

IM Translator translated it perfectly.

I had to translate my passport into Thai for the Amphur when I applied for my Tabian Baan.

Google wasn't accurate, IM was spot on.

This is going of topic, so I suggest if you require anymore help with your translations you post it in the Thai Language forum for help.