Karadag accuses another suspect of ordering Ratchaprasong bombing

webfact

Karadag accuses another suspect of ordering Ratchaprasong bombing

BANGKOK, 8 October 2015 (NNT) - Adem Karadag, a prime suspect in the Ratchaprasong blast investigation, has reportedly accused a foreigner identified as Abdullah Abdulrahman of ordering the bomb attack.

The suspect's attorney Chuchart Kanpai said after speaking with Karadag at a temporary detention center at the 11th Military Circle, his client identifies as part of the Uighur minority. However, Mr. Chuchart said the suspect has not divulged more information, because he worries for the safety of his family in China.

Karadag said he was instructed by Abdulrahman to plant the bomb at the Erawan shrine, but claimed not to know who was responsible for its detonation. The suspect was arrested in Thailand, while attempting to flee to Portugal via Malaysia.

Mr. Chuchart said Karadag will likely receive the death penalty. However, his sentence can be reduced to life in prison if he confesses to his crime in a court of law. Mr. Chuchart has expressed difficulty communicating with his client. Karadag speaks little English, and there are few Uighur translators.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-10-08 footer_n.gif

Mr. Chuchart has expressed difficulty communicating with his client. Karadag speaks little English, and there are few Uighur translators.

Very convenient, much like a situation that arose a year or so back on one of the islands here .

No doubt an Uighur short order cook roti seller etc can or will be brought in to translate !!whistling.gif

When this lawyer says there are very few Uighur translators does this mean they actually have a translator or not - the number of translators is not that relevant at this stage as surely they only need one. The implication here is that they haven't been able to communicate properly as there is no common language they can use and they don't have a translator yet the 'defence' lawyer is proclaiming his guilt from the rooftops.

Wasn't this guy picked up in cambodia and handed over at some border checkpoint.

Nothing about this incident or the 'investigation / farce' that followed is either consistent or makes an ounce of sense.

RTP also throwing out percentages again. Anybody know why they do this? Aside from obvious readons that is

Lessee... Was Mr. Abdullah Abdulrahman a member of the Red Shirts or the Yellow Shirts in this domestic and politically motivated bombing? After all, millions of baht have been paid in rewards to the police for solving the case and it was declared to be motivated by domestic politics.

I get confused so easily... wai2.gif

Lessee... Was Mr. Abdullah Abdulrahman a member of the Red Shirts or the Yellow Shirts in this domestic and politically motivated bombing? After all, millions of baht have been paid in rewards to the police for solving the case and it was declared to be motivated by domestic politics.

I get confused so easily... wai2.gif

No, you're not confused. The RTP are just confused and excited about receiving rewards for doing their job and as the story is being made up as they go along, its hard for them to remember what they said last.

When this lawyer says there are very few Uighur translators does this mean they actually have a translator or not - the number of translators is not that relevant at this stage as surely they only need one. The implication here is that they haven't been able to communicate properly as there is no common language they can use and they don't have a translator yet the 'defence' lawyer is proclaiming his guilt from the rooftops.

Yes, it's probably just as well that the accused can't understand what is being said - when his defence advocate announces before the trial that his client is going to receive the death penalty!

Yes, it's probably just as well that the accused can't understand what is being said - when his defence advocate announces before the trial that his client is going to receive the death penalty!

Great defence lawyer - seems he believes in guilty unless proven innocent - guess it's easy that way as he can just coast along doing SFA.

Great defence lawyer - seems he believes in guilty unless proven innocent - guess it's easy that way as he can just coast along doing SFA.

Would be curious in knowing who is actually paying this lawyer and if the accused had any say in who defended him.

The Uyghurs that were sent back were not refugees. They were on the way to Turkey and thereafter destined to join Isis. Within hours of their deportation the Thai embassy in Ankara was sacked. This was a pre-planned and well- coordinated action. A short time after we get the Erawan bombing. Within minutes Jonathan Head of the BBC pointed at the Uyghurs as the likely culprits. He spun the story that it was a revenge attack for the deportations. Even the RTP picked up on this and continued the same story, rightfully or wrongfully. However, there appear to have been red shirt connections (or coincidences) when it was shown that the bombs used in this bombing were remarkably similar to those discovered earlier in the year near shopping malls and to those bombs a couple of years before that exploded in an apartment killing some red shirts people. Whilst all this is going on the coup-installed Government here are under intense pressure from overseas for reasons not connected with the Uyghurs. There is a creeping realization that what is happening in Syria, Yemen and so on is not necessarily confined to the Middle East. In these cases the NATO/US military-industrial complex seems to have their dirty fingers all over those events. I still contend that any connection with the US and their support of the self-exiled deposed dictator should be investigated because it is entirely possible that a link will be found. Where does that leave the guys who have been arrested? Disposable scapegoats for people who have vested political and commercial interests that go way way beyond "Uyghurs seeking revenge". I wonder if the current Thai government know this and are keeping their mouths shut?

Plants a bomb, and only after fears for the safety of his family? Is this cretin playing with anywhere close to a full deck?, or is he just manipulating the RTP? How has he lived in Turkey, traveled thru many other countries, if he only speaks Uighur and "very little English"?

The Uyghurs that were sent back were not refugees. They were on the way to Turkey and thereafter destined to join Isis. Within hours of their deportation the Thai embassy in Ankara was sacked. This was a pre-planned and well- coordinated action. A short time after we get the Erawan bombing. Within minutes Jonathan Head of the BBC pointed at the Uyghurs as the likely culprits. He spun the story that it was a revenge attack for the deportations. Even the RTP picked up on this and continued the same story, rightfully or wrongfully. However, there appear to have been red shirt connections (or coincidences) when it was shown that the bombs used in this bombing were remarkably similar to those discovered earlier in the year near shopping malls and to those bombs a couple of years before that exploded in an apartment killing some red shirts people. Whilst all this is going on the coup-installed Government here are under intense pressure from overseas for reasons not connected with the Uyghurs. There is a creeping realization that what is happening in Syria, Yemen and so on is not necessarily confined to the Middle East. In these cases the NATO/US military-industrial complex seems to have their dirty fingers all over those events. I still contend that any connection with the US and their support of the self-exiled deposed dictator should be investigated because it is entirely possible that a link will be found. Where does that leave the guys who have been arrested? Disposable scapegoats for people who have vested political and commercial interests that go way way beyond "Uyghurs seeking revenge". I wonder if the current Thai government know this and are keeping their mouths shut?

An interesting post, food for thought.

Well, the new police chief has said that 90 % of the case is solved so I guess that only leaves the small matter of who actually was behind the bombing. But I guess I'm nitpicking.

And perhaps when it's fully 100% solved there will be another 3M reward and another 7M million reward distributed.

This guy is culprit, and the right sentence to be is an execution,

after the get all involved parties they tie them together and put in the middle the same bag they committed their crime to kill 20 people and get 130 injured, life sentence is not fair, must blow them up, this level of justice will warn others ..

An interesting post, food for thought.

It's a nice story but completely u corroborated other than from China. The Turkish govt providing passports for people to go and help Is is? As for the red shirt story, as yet this is also complete hearsay from the police......

So every bit of this story is being provided by people with a political reason to provide it.

This guy is culprit, and the right sentence to be is an execution,

after the get all involved parties they tie them together and put in the middle the same bag they committed their crime to kill 20 people and get 130 injured, life sentence is not fair, must blow them up, this level of justice will warn others ..

This guy may well be the operator, duped or paid or willingly planting bombs and therefore murdering people: BUT who is behind all of this. It doesn't excuse the person on the ground doing the deed, but is it not important for Thailand to know WHY this was done? This guy didn't just wake up one morning and say "I think I'll plant a bomb today .....". There were months of planning in this I have no doubt and I really don't think he made the decision. The months of planning predates the sending back of the 'refugees' to China. Apart from that you, the poster, also seem to have some brutality issues?

Shrine bomber promised trip to Turkey
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- A prime suspect in the Erawan Shrine bomb attack has told his lawyer that he was promised an opportunity to travel to Turkey if he planted the bomb as near to the crowded tourist attraction as possible.

Bilal Mohammed, previously identified as Adem Karadag, spoke to his lawyer Chuchart Kanphai in English Thursday.

The attack took place on August 17, killing 20 people and injuring more than 100 others.

The following day, another blast near the Sathorn pier did not cause any casualties. Ongoing investigations suggest the two blasts are related.

"Bilal is aware that his alleged crime carries a heavy penalty and hopes his confession will entitle him to a penalty reduction," Chuchart said after visiting his client at a temporary prison inside a military base.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Shine-bomber-promised-trip-to-Turkey-30270455.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-10-08

Well, the new police chief has said that 90 % of the case is solved so I guess that only leaves the small matter of who actually was behind the bombing. But I guess I'm nitpicking.

No terrorists here !!! Abdullah and Mohammed are good Thai names.

Surely it must be someone else's fault after all they just do God's work. No work, No Industry just killing, been the same for 1400 years.

A prime suspect in the Erawan Shrine bomb attack has told his lawyer that he was promised an opportunity to travel to Turkey if he planted the bomb as near to the crowded tourist attraction as possible.

I'm not buying any of his statements. Why Erawan? Much better and easier targets out there. Why pick one that has a lot of CCTV and is a stone throw from the RTP headquarters? Doesn't make sense. Sounds like the suspect may have been offered a lighter sentence if he closes the deal for RTP, so they don't have to admit that the bomber had already fled to Turkey or Syria.

It would appear that this attorney is very good at making admissions against his client's interests -- if, in fact, such statements have been made. And who is doing the translations for the attorney?

Surely it must be someone else's fault after all they just do God's work. No work, No Industry just killing, been the same for 1400 years.

Abdullah and Mohammed are muslim names. Nothing to do with nationality. There are many thai muslims

Abdullah and Mohammed are muslim names. Nothing to do with nationality. There are many thai muslims

and you can be muslim, terrorist AND thai, all in one, what do you think about this?

So once again the police do not have a proper translator.

Question: How do they know he confessed?

Question: How do they know he implicated the mastermind?

Question: As he does not look like the guy who planted the bomb, have they once again railroaded a suspect?

I do not doubt this guy was involved in the bombing, just bomb making, but he maybe, being made a scapegoat by the leaders of the bombing & the police.