Phuket police size drugs, guns, ammunition and luxury cars in major bust

webfact

Phuket police size drugs, guns, ammunition and luxury cars in major bust

1444368963_1-org.jpg
Region 8 Police Commissioner Lt Gen Tesha Siriwato (with microphone) announced the arrests and seizures at a press conference at Phuket Provincial Police Station yesterday afternoon (Oct 8).

PHUKET: -- Police seized a Nissan Teana valued at over B1-million, 31 grams of crystal meth (ya ice), 3,506 methamphetamine pills (ya bah) four guns and various ammunition, a bankbook and drug-taking paraphernalia from four drug suspects who were arrested in and around Phuket Town on Monday and Tuesday (Oct 5-6).

Region 8 Police Commissioner Lt Gen Tesha Siriwato announced the arrests and seizures at a press conference at Phuket Provincial Police Station yesterday afternoon (Oct 8).

The arrests began with with 24-year-old Siripon “Ying” Raksakeaw at a room of the PSA Hotel in Poonpol Soi 3 at 1pm on Monday, when she was found in possession on two bags each containing .5g of ya ice. Siripon was charged with possession of a category 1 drug with intent to sell.

During questioning, Siripon told police that she had bought the drugs from Anitwat “New” Chamnan, 30, who was also staying at the PSA Hotel.

Police returned to the hotel at 3pm, searched Anitwat’s room and found six bags containing a total of 15g of ya ice, a homemade gun and three cartridges. Anitwat was charged for possession of a Category 1 drug with intent to sell and illegal possession of a firearm.

Later that night, Chaiyan “Den” Reungphet, 31, was arrested in Phuket Town in possession of 15g of ya ice, 18 packages containing 3,501 ya bah pills, a registered CZ semi-automatic pistol, an unregistered M1 carbine semi-automatic rifle, an unregistered Mauser C96 semi-automatic pistol and various ammunition.

Police also seized from Chaiyan a Bangkok-registered Nissan Teana worth over B1-million and a bankbook for an account that at one point had more than B5-million paid into it.

Chaiyan was charged with possession of Category 1 drugs with intent to sell, illegal possession of firearms and ammunition, and carrying a weapon in public without permission.

Police are looking further into his bank account and how he bought the car.

During questioning, Chaiyan told police that he bought the drugs from Kitipong “Nueng” Sealew.

On Tuesday evening, police went to The Sky Hotel, also in the Poonpon area, where Kitipong was staying. Officers found six ya bah pills in his room.

Kitipong denied that Chaiyan had bought the drugs from him.

During a background check, police discovered that Kitipong had been previously arrested for drug and gun possession.

For this latest incident, however, Kitipong was charged with possession of a Category 1 drug.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-police-size-drugs-guns-ammunition-and-luxury-cars-in-major-bust-54464.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-10-09

What i don't understand is this; I regularly see Thai guys getting busted in their teens and 20s, they all have previous convictions fr either drugs or guns, what's up? Is there 2 sets of rules for Thai and foreigners, Thai slap in the wrist off you go, foreigner 50 years of you go!

What i don't understand is this; I regularly see Thai guys getting busted in their teens and 20s, they all have previous convictions fr either drugs or guns, what's up? Is there 2 sets of rules for Thai and foreigners, Thai slap in the wrist off you go, foreigner 50 years of you go!

The whole Thai judicial system profits from the arrest, prosecution and incarceration of foreigners here. Police, lawyers, the victim's family, all put their hand out during "mediation" after arrest.

At the end of the process, if a foreigner can not pay, or refuses to pay, they go to gaol.

Foreigners usually have money sent to buy them extra food and medication etc whilst inside gaol. Of couse, the prison guards take their cut of this money.

Thai's, in general, do not have money sent for them.

So, it's profitable for the prison system to have foreigners incarcerated, particularly for lengthy periods, and keep turning over the non profitable Thai prisoners.

Even the Thai judicial system is all about the money.

Have a look at a Thai prison: filled with Thai for drug offences, hardly any foreigners.

Yes, you are right!!! Same with nationalparks, attractions, hairdressers, ...!!! Farangs got/pay more!!! They show us exactly we are not welcome for crimes but as ATMs.

The "suspect" on the left is a female. Recently I read that the rate of females incarcerated, especially for drug related offenses was skyrocketing... often times the "dude" put all the blame on them or they were threatened to take the rap or else problems for the family.

I can only imagine the rape that goes on in a female prison.

Yes, you are right!!! Same with nationalparks, attractions, hairdressers, ...!!! Farangs got/pay more!!! They show us exactly we are not welcome for crimes but as ATMs.

http://www.thaiairways.com/

They'll gladly take you home to your nannystate, politicaly correct immigrant loving country that you miss so much.

Edited by bearpolar

http://www.thaiairways.com/

They'll gladly take you home to your nannystate, politicaly correct immigrant loving country that you miss so much.

Wow!!! Do you rubbed a glasbowl that you know I miss my homecountry? Listen like that you are one of this idiots who pay the farang price and bring so this problem to ALL farangs in Thailand. If all farangs refuse to pay it, it will gone fast!!!

My parents teached me to open my mouth if I not like something. And DISCRIMINATION I never liked!!!

Edited by snowgard

There's no "farang price" outside of tourist cesspools.

I have thai kids, and i can read thai. If theres ever a time where someone tries to charge me a fake price, i will know it and give my business elsewhere(never happened) Most places cathered to tourist that i visit always ask me or my gf if i have a thai driver's liscence just so i can get a cheaper price, i don't even need to ask them.

I often get free fruits from my thai neighbors when they buy a few bags from the back of a pickup. Those damn farang hating thais, no manners right?

I urge you to leave this country that you hate, you're just making yourself look like a fool. Jesus, moving to a coutnry you hate, what a life!